News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen, New York June 7-8, 2014

Started by Grumpy1, June 09, 2014, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

The New Bremen Fish and Game Club, welcomed Appleseed, by hosting their second event of 2014!

New Bremen s next event will be a :~ Riflemans Boot Camp on July 21-27, which includes an Appleseed Event July 26-27.  :~  This is a Great opportunity and  I recommend it for everyone.

We had six students, join us on the line. A good mix of both new and previous students, plus a Great instructor team, really staged this to be an Awesome Event! :---

A special presentation of a New Instructors Poncho for Dude, has finally broken the storm curse O0. We had two beautiful days of great weather!

The Instructors did a Super Job! Marksmanship Fundamentals were taught and reinforced, History was told from the Heart. Smurf and Dude did a Great Job running the Known Distance line on Sunday. Keith 1 stepped  up to review The Six Steps O0 (I even saw a hit of Orange on his Blue hat).

Andreen and Jered, both on Active Duty, from Fort Drum, did a Great job O0 Marksmanship improved throughout the weekend, and on Sunday, they both took the opportunity to fire a Garand! Jared, a previous Student , shared with us how along with His military training, Appleseed helped during his deployment, to Afghanistan. Thank You Both For Your Service !

Jack, the clubs President's daughter, Debbie returned for her second Appleseed, unfortunately her daughter Jasmine a veteran Appleseeder was not able to join us due to Final exams :'(. Debbie s skills improved throughout the day.

Peter did a Great Job, He started Saturday, and had to overcome some equipment issues,(oh how I've been there). He returned on Sunday with a repaired rifle, and went on CLEAR! the afternoon Red Coat O0.

Keith returned to New Bremen, and this time he brought his friend Dorothy. Keith patiently participated on Saturday,with his M1 Garand obtaining his 25m zero, participating in drills, and engaging a few AQT's. Keith quickly transitioned to the Known Distance on Sunday and almost scored Rifleman at full Distance!

Dorothy's Marksmanship skills improved throughout the day! As the students transferred to the KD range. Dorothy stayed and worked on fundamentals and her targets showed great improvement,  She was shooting 4 MOA groups by the end of the day. I heard that after the event Dorothy and Keith made a stop at Bass Pro to look at rifles,  :)

The Clubs President Jack brought out a hand made.45 cal rifled flintlock( he builds them), and he allowed the students give it a try!

New Bremen was a Great Event!

As we packed our vehicles, shook hands,  talked about the schedule and started our caravan home (or a beeline to Bass Pro, as it were, and no they don't have any 22lr in stock). To Quote Smurf " People come to Appleseeds as Strangers and leave as Friends." This was very evident at this event.  On my way home after about three hours of driving with an hour to go, I stopped  at the Albany Cracker Barrel for some dinner, as I walked, wiping the mile marker glaze from my eyes  I see the back of an Appleseed Teeshirt? It was Keith, and he invited me to join Dorothy and Himself for dinner!

Wow! A Great Appleseed Event follwed by Dinner with Friends O0
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

Pictures
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Dude

Can't add much to Grumpy1-except that he put on a great event.   O0 O0 O0

And we successfully managed to avoid being carried off by the black fly/horsefly/mosquito contingents, who were present in mass.  &) &)
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

keith1

Thank you New Bremen Fish and Game Club!!

Always great Appleseed events here.

Thank you Dude for keeping the rain away. Now can you work some magic on those deer flies, mosquitoes, etc.??

Smurf

Saturday Pictures!

Smurf

More Saturday Pictures!!

Smurf

And More Saturday Pictures!!!

Smurf

Saturday redcoats!!!!

LittleMo

Great job done by all, both students and instructors!  O0
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Smurf

Sunday Pictures!

Smurf

More Sunday Pictures!!

Smurf

Everyone does history at New Bremen!!!!

Smurf

Sunday Redcoats!!!!

Smurf

I will bet you a NICKLE, that the echoes of marksmanship and heritage, from the SPARTAN setting of the New Bremen Fish and Game Club, did RATTLEHEAD's of the neighbors and awoke every U.S.CAVALRYMAN slumbering at the nearby fort. Come up to New Bremen and help to preserve the hard work of others before us.