News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Union County Friends of NRA Dinner - August 23

Started by ThePoet, June 05, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePoet

I was thinking of getting a table for this dinner.  I assume the tables seat at least 10 people.  Is there any interest in having an Appleseed table?  I'll pay for the table and donate a Project Appleseed prize pack for the silent auction (2 free passes to a shoot, a couple of t-shirts, hats, etc.)  If there's sufficient interest, I'll get two tables.

I don't want to step on any toes if anyone has done something with this event in the past. 

Let me know if you guys think it's a good idea.  It's in Monroe, so pretty convenient for those of us in South Charlotte, Waxhaw, Weddington, Indian Trail, etc.  If there's interest from folks in other parts of the state, come on!  Border raiders from SC are welcome too.

Poet

Pain Killer

I am fairly certain that I can go. Count me in. Ask if they need presenters - Libertyseed? At least One Strike
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Jumpboot

Count me in! Been a few times before and had a great time.
Rifleman 6 May 2012

AAOptics

I'm on the local FNRA committee here in Indiana, as well as a big sponsor.  Every dinner Ive ever been has to has be a great time.  Good food, like minded people, and great prizes.  It has never dawned on me to donate Appleseed stuff.  That's a great Idea, and Ill do it next year (our dinner was last month).  There is even a Appleseed range within a few miles of out dinner location (my house)

ThePoet

Quote from: Pain Killer on June 06, 2014, 07:15:25 PM
I am fairly certain that I can go. Count me in. Ask if they need presenters - Libertyseed? At least One Strike

I've been in touch with the Chairman of the local Friends of NRA and offered to provide a speaker to do a little introduction to Project Appleseed/LibertySeed and at least one strike.

I told him we would like to be a sponsor (I'll take care of the cost) and asked about reserving tables for dinner.  They're out of room for sponsor information tables this year.

ThePoet

Glad to hear you guys can make it.  So far we have:

Pain Killer
Jumpboot
ThePoet (plus wife and other daughter, possibly)
Pawzzz

Let me know if you guys plan on brining anyone so I can make sure we have enough tickets for dinner.

ThePoet

Quote from: 42769vette on June 08, 2014, 12:32:20 AM
I'm on the local FNRA committee here in Indiana, as well as a big sponsor.  Every dinner Ive ever been has to has be a great time.  Good food, like minded people, and great prizes.  It has never dawned on me to donate Appleseed stuff.  That's a great Idea, and Ill do it next year (our dinner was last month).  There is even a Appleseed range within a few miles of out dinner location (my house)

Thanks, 42769vette.  I'll let you know how it goes.  We've offered to do a strike or two if they'll let us.

dreamerofdreams

Let me talk to Armaborealis a little more about this.  I think it'd be fun.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

DAR-Patriot

Hi P!oet,

Count me in too! Let me know what I can do to help!

Thanks,

DAR-Patriot
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death!"   Patrick Henry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson
A time to Pray for America ! You think?