News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

100 - 400 yard KD shoot anytime soon?

Started by MillerC, June 05, 2014, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MillerC

I've outfitted (don't laugh) my SKS with tech sights and I've zero'd in at 25m. This is putting me about 2" -3" high at 100 yards but in @ 4 MOA groups. I think that is good enough to try a KD somewhere sometime. Any plans for one in the foreseeable future?

MostlyHarmless

We'll be going to Ft Meade in November.

Some of us get out to Ft Meade every month or so- we may be able to get you in if you want to tag along.

Wonder how many clicks on a tech sight it would take to hit out to 500...?  ??? I think that 7.62x39 drops faster than .308- so several, at least. Bring that little rear sight wrench thingy.  ;)
"Alas!! I spy a shooting bench and stool ahead in yonder treeline. Perhaps also there is a forefather with a rifle. I fear an ambush!"
-not overheard during the British retreat from Concord, Apr 19, 1775

Moylan

There's a KD shoot at Ramseur this month, the 28th-29th.  It's a bit of a drive down here from Maryland, but not undo-able.   :)  What, 6 hours or so?
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

SonOfAVeteran

The Grand Master sends the king two swords. Wladyslaw Jagiello gives the signal 
Battle of Grunwald 1410
"We accept the swords you send us, and in the name of Christ, before whom all stiff-necked pride must bow, we shall do battle."

�King Vladislaus II,

"the boys of the rising generation are to be the men of the next, and the sole guardians of the principles we deliver over to them."

Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Knox 1810