News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando 04/19/2-14

Started by PHenry, April 29, 2014, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

What a great event! Seriously, this was one of the best events in my memory and I have been doing this for longer than most . We had several "repeat offenders" -God bless every one of you for coming out. We had 20 rifles on the line for this single-day event.

We had multiple rifleman and not a single shooter who did not enjoy significant improvement - a major plus for we the instructors as well as the shooters. The silly shoot boss set up on the wrong range and failed to employ the red AQTs, but we got past that and had a great day.

It buoys my soul to spend time with folks like ya'll.
In Liberty,
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

It was a wonderful day for Liberty on Florida with Project Appleseed. The day offered a complete spectrum of weather, cold and warm, still to breezy, sunshine and misty rain but that did not deter the good folks who came to learn marksmanship at the always great Hernando Sportsman Club.

The many of the Shooters started the day not being able to hit the side of the barn from the inside but the Spirit of the brave Women and Men of April 19th, 1775, were with us on the line. The shooting improved mightily, I had not witnessed this kind of Marksmanship improvement in one day at any of the Appleseed shoots I have been to. The credit is all to the students who came with open minds, ready to learn and the results were outstanding, Huzzah!

The Marksmanship as mentioned improved an order of magnitude for all on the line, but I have to say this guy's, on that day the BIGGEST improvement was with the Ladies. "Shoot like a Girl" rang true this April 19th from one lady  that had never shot a rifle, to the brand new RIFLEMAN (Riflewomen?) and other women who were less than a handful of points from the RIFLEMAN patch. Guy's you're going to have to step it up.

Kudo's to PHenry for a fine April 19 presentation and to Three'oEight for an excellent 2nd Strike. The rest of the AS team covered the line like Pro's and stayed down in the dirt working with the students. The results of the day prove the effort well worthwhile.

Some Pic to follow.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

stoneknives

More pic's  :wb:
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

stoneknives

Mo More pic's  ^:)^

308LIBERTY

Shoot like a girl!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke