News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Salem, OH June 28 - 29 2014

Started by Invictus Maneo, June 30, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

Yet another great weekend at the Salem Hunting Club. A big THANK YOU to Jay and the members of the club for hosting and providing a very nice range and great lunches both days.

Despite extremely high heat and humidity, (upper 80s - low 90s)  all of the shooters maintained great attitudes and kept coming back for more.The young folks who attended were the highlight of the weekend. Outstanding improvement shown by all but especially Conrad age 12 who shot a 219 off of a bench rest, Callie who cleared her Redcoat and Bri who  cleared numerous Redcoats and shot an outstanding AQT at her first Appleseed. Not  to ignore the not so young shooters, Jay, (our most gracious Salem Hunting Club Host) re-qualified and Calvin shot a 247 to re-qualify. Additionally, over the course of the weekend, 9 Redcoats were cleared. Great shooting and great attitudes. It was also reassuring to see the number of families that came to shoot or watch and support their children. Have faith!!
The weekend ended with Birdman bringing out the big gun and giving those that wished to, the opportunity shoot his Garand, many takers and many smiles.

Pictures anyone???
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Birdman

Thanks to all who braved the extreme heat....and rifles hot enough to burn your hands. Time to paint the "black" rifle white. :)
As always, Jay and the Salem Hunting Club did a wonderful job with the facilities and serving a great lunch both days. Thanks!
Re-qualifying Riflemen Calvin and Jay...Huzzah! See, the six steps work. Bri, 16yrs old, first Appleseed, first AQT, 231 -Outstanding! Bri's parents and grandparents watched (and listened to instruction and history) both days. Thanks for supporting her.  No pressure there, right Bri?
Bri has been shooting a CMP Avanti at our club for about a year or so. I highly recommend one. An air rifle will not be very forgiving of sloppy trigger discipline and your target will not lie to you!
Calli, Conrad, Mason, great job!! Thanks Dads for bringing them. To all the rest of the line, thank you, thank you for coming. I hope it was worthwhile. Please attend another Appleseed...and bring a friend...or two.
More pictures later.

EZ3

Out of respect to their parents wishes we can't post pics of some of our steely-eyed, sharpshooting Young Patriots, but we are VERY glad they spent the weekend with us, and we hope they will come again.

Here is our host at Salem Hunting Club, Jay, re-qualifying with a 225.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Birdman

Did anybody get a picture of the Team target? It was a sight to behold! Huzzah! I heard they fired in sequence...no use shooting the same hole twice. I guess that is why they call it a "team"*

*Team- A team comprises a group of people linked in a common purpose.

Corvette

Wow, what an outstanding display of marksmanship.  Huzzah to everybody, sorry I missed it.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Birdman

Not too late to attend another Appleseed weekend at Salem. One more scheduled for Sept 27 and 28th.