News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC May 24-26

Started by Lawrence, May 27, 2014, 04:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

3-Day Weekend Appleseed

Memorial Day weekend brought perfect weather to assemble and remember those, who throughout our history, paid the ultimate price to establish and protect the precious liberties we are enjoined to preserve.

We hosted 18 super cooperative and enthusiastic individuals and families. Of those, 10 were youth, ages 9 to 17. Half were first time Appleseeders.

Sadman led Saturday's marksmanship instruction, polishing our understanding of the new course of fire which includes the advantages of dry-fire instructional techniques and low round count. Many thanks to Master Instructor Dond, who lead the March Rifleman Boot Camp in Ramseur where Sadman gleaned insight into teaching these effective concepts.

Also, in deference of Memorial Day, increased time and focus was given to the history presentations. Moylan set the tone for the day by presenting an exemplary First Strike following morning introductions. During lunch, Polonius built on this foundation with an outstanding Second Strike. Lawrence completed the day with the Third Strike and benediction prior to the end of day Redcoat.

Sunday morning we conducted our Long Range Component on the KD Line prior to noon sighters.   

Highlights:

Savannah, age 14, Applecore volunteer and Sadman's daughter was the first to make Rifleman on Sunday. Completing an entire family of Rifleman (Sadman, Revere, Grathlong and Savannah), all very effective Appleseed volunteers. NC is very proud to have them!

Tom, an experience marksman, was next to earn his patch. Followed by a single "ragged hole" sighter group with his new AR, he move on to the KD line to record some data for this new rifle.

Noelle, age 15, member of the DadOf4 family, who earned her patch with a scoped LTR last year, arrived with the goal of confirming her Rifleman status with iron sights. Not only did she shoot an impressive 222 with iron sights but she accomplished it with her Dad's centerfire AR!

Their family regularly supports Appleseed, having been to numerous events. Dad spent a good portion of Monday coaching Carrisa, age 11, who will surely earn her patch very soon. Another family of Riflemen and active Americans.

From this group, at least 4 will likely earn their patch at their second Appleseed.

Our 3 day events are always enjoyable and give shooters an oopportunity to work with additional rifles.

I've lost a scrape of paper with some notes regarding another topic and participant but will not delay posting this AAR. I can no longer depend on memory. Sincere apologies. Hopefully the other instructors will cover any omissions.

Sincerest thanks to Sadman, Hawkeye, Adamsod, Kardiak Kid, Polonius, DAR-Patriot and Moylan for their special talents!

Please post any available photos!

Sadman

Forgive me as I am still gushing over Savannah's rifleman score.  While I don't have the Appleseed neighborhood accomplishment I am still proud of being the father and husband of a family of 4 rifleman.  Savannah is anxious to take up additional duties beyond her current blue hat but at the young age of 12 she will be held back a bit longer until she turns 13 (which will happen far too quickly and much too soon for this old man).  Thank you to my Appleseed family for all your help over the years.  I am grateful for all of you!

I agree with Lawrence that we had a great group of participants this weekend and I hope to see many of the first time Appleseeders back on the line in the future.

In Liberty,

Sadman

ThePoet

Quote from: Sadman on May 27, 2014, 10:18:59 PM
Forgive me as I am still gushing over Savannah's rifleman score.  While I don't have the Appleseed neighborhood accomplishment I am still proud of being the father and husband of a family of 4 rifleman.  Savannah is anxious to take up additional duties beyond her current blue hat but at the young age of 12 she will be held back a bit longer until she turns 13 (which will happen far too quickly and much too soon for this old man).  Thank you to my Appleseed family for all your help over the years.  I am grateful for all of you!

I agree with Lawrence that we had a great group of participants this weekend and I hope to see many of the first time Appleseeders back on the line in the future.

In Liberty,

Sadman

Well done!

Moylan

Congrats again to Savannah, and her proud Dad, Mom, and Brother! 

It was a great weekend with a bunch of really fine shooters, and as always I learned a ton from the incredible Ramseur crew.  Thanks to everyone!
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

MrBorland

Hi, Folks -

Just a quick note to tell you how much my nephew and I enjoyed our first Appleseed event, and how impressed we both were by the organization and commitment of the instructors, every one of whom were top notch! Max and I both learned a lot about our rifles and had fun in the process, both at the AQT and KD. Many thanks to all!!

Special kudos to Lawrence for overseeing a terrific and informative clinic, and to Bill for his help at the KD range, as well as to Savannah and her very proud Mom and Dad!

Warm regards -
Tom

hawkeye

Congratulations to Savannah on shooting the Rifleman score. I know you worked hard for that. 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

KARDIAK KID

A GREAT GROUP READY TO LEARN.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

KARDIAK KID

A FAMILY OF RIFLEMEN
Where has freedom gone?
Audie Murphy

KARDIAK KID

A GREAT WEEKEND OF FAMILY FUN.
Where has freedom gone?
Audie Murphy

KARDIAK KID

ANOTHER FAMILY BUILDING RIFLEMEN.
Where has freedom gone?
Audie Murphy

pitbulz21

Quote from: Sadman on May 27, 2014, 10:18:59 PM

In Liberty,

Sadman
congratulations!
Even though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for the shadow is mine and so is the valley.
                                      -Anonymous

ATTITUDE
it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only three for proper trigger squeeze!

Mosin-Marauder

One of the best weekends ever.  I took along my 10/22 and my Mosin. The instructors were awesome and I learned alot. The next one I attend I hope to earn rifleman. Lawrence helped me alot and one of the other instructors (can't remember his name) even gave me his shooting glasses, which I was extremely grateful for. Great group of instructors and I can't wait to go to the next one. :D

Sadman

Quote from: Mosin-Marauder on May 29, 2014, 11:21:32 PM
One of the best weekends ever.  I took along my 10/22 and my Mosin. The instructors were awesome and I learned alot. The next one I attend I hope to earn rifleman. Lawrence helped me alot and one of the other instructors (can't remember his name) even gave me his shooting glasses, which I was extremely grateful for. Great group of instructors and I can't wait to go to the next one. :D

Mosin,

I was the instructor that gifted you the safety glasses and it was my pleasure to do so, it was great to have you on the line!  I look forward to seeing you again!

Mosin-Marauder

I plan to come back. My time there was awesome and I can't wait to do  another one. Thanks again for the glasses, they've been extremely useful.