News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka, FL - May 18-19, 2014 Smokin’ Tornadoes!

Started by 308LIBERTY, May 20, 2014, 11:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

This is one for the record books. Despite gusting winds, wildfires and "tornadoes" this group of individuals showed great tenacity under pressure. On Saturday I briefly thought we might have to evacuate as smoke started billowing across from the public range. Luckily we weren't directly downwind of the fire, but the shotgun ranges were under thick smoke when I ran down to check on the situation. But no fear. It seems a few quick thinking and courageous individuals got out and extinguished the fire in the gusting winds before they got completely out of control. Now that's what I call self reliance!

We battled wind gusts both days but the firing line held steady and scores improved on Sunday despite everything. Sunday afternoon we experienced a microburst that sent an AR-15 and a 10-22 flying 10-15 feet down the line, yet somehow the mats stayed behind. Craziest thing I've seen at an AS yet. And now you all understand why we are so particular about clearing the line and making the rifles safe after EVERY course of fire whether we are going downrange or not.

The funny thing was this happened during the KD presentation while the shoot boss was talking about the effects of wind. We spent the next 15 minutes picking up papers and equipment and later I found mats 50 yards away over the fence in the tree line.

Despite it all, nobody wanted to quit and by the end of the day we had several individuals right on the bubble of Rifleman. I have every confidence with a little practice dry firing and getting into positions quickly on stage 2-3 you will easily shoot score next time out. Huzzah!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Sly223

Wow! Thof was one for the record books  I had a rougue Blast of wind threw a rifle 15 feet across the concrete firing line and wore 1/3 of an inch worth of the chamber flag saving the rife sept a small character nick on the but Mike(I called Richard and figured he did not want to listen to me)then proved no damage by crushing his old score by 23 pts with a 193!Huzzah!
We were graced with posterity Nate and Kyle are well equipped to care for and handle our future if we the current can secure it!
There was a 127 and a 173 Great job young men. I want to thank Chris and Andrew the father and Uncle that brought these fine youngsters. I could not help but to think Cpt.John Parker would have been proud to know we replenished patriot losses!
I was also educated to the wonderfully confusing world of lefties. Which is now my new challenge you have opened my eyes a little wider thank you Bryan :cool2:
Ryan great form you had a area character building moment when you're 214 lost seven penalty points.
Let's all remember to score once could be luck twice coincidence three or at will proves skill!
Hilton fine progress, Sir it ain't easy it is our jobs to make it look so! Dry fire practice.
The all too beautiful Mrs.308'Bacca! Made a cameo and quickly handled the reg. Table then  led by example I think really shocked the boys.
Three-0-eight [s Congats on your IIT4 Very good 2 strike.ize=14pt][/size]
Thank Y'All God bless!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Valkyrie7

By the way, "Mrs. 308" does have a forum name!   ::) ;)

[/URL]
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

SdrawkcaB_shooter

Dwight, Rick, Rebecca-

Thank you for a great learning experience. I had a blast, albeit a very humbling experience. I can't wait to practice what you have taught me- improve and come back out again when the weather is cooler. Thank you again!

Brian

ps. Rick  Here is the link I was telling you about

http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-37310003-Camper-Pad/dp/B002YY1PH2/ref=sr_1_10?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1400682142&sr=1-10&keywords=kelty+sleeping+pad

308LIBERTY

Photos of our young patriots!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Chris7.62

Dwight and Rick, thanks for putting together a great weekend.  My son (Nate) and I learned a great deal while there.  We could not have asked for better weather, aside from the gusty wind at times.  We will definitely be back in July.