News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX May 24-25, 2014

Started by scuzzy, May 27, 2014, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

This is a really good shoot in that we picked up 4 Orange Hats - Paul, Jim, Kevin, & Matt. Thanks guys - we can always use the help. It was a full house with some good Americans.

The weather cooperated nicely - just the beginnings of rain about the time we were done for the weekend. While not hot is was pretty humid though. I know in another month or so it's going to be hotter than blazes so it was nice overall.

In addition to me there was pistolgrip and Tim.Beatty helping with the instructing. I couldn't have done it without them - thanks. And actually Paul, Jim, and Matt helped out with duties too. After accepting the hat they decided they wanted to help so we put them right to work. Jim even did the 2nd strike. After talking to him it seemed he had already done a bunch of study using Paul Revere's Ride so I threw him right into the deep end of the pool. And he did really good too.

We had the Scout group out again with Paul, Jim, & Matt and you couldn't ask for a nicer group of kids. They were polite, paid attention, and best of all were completely safe. They are a compliment to the Scouts. Two of the Scouts, Chris & Trent (if I remember names correctly) both shot expert and received their patch.

We also had two other riflemen, Kevin & Matt, who both took the hat on Sunday.

Pam, who came out with the Scouts, also helped keep an eye on things. Twice on Sunday when I should have been passing out targets but wasn't paying enough attention she had already done so. Thanks Pam.

Thanks to all who showed up - I appreciate you guys.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.