News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Westchester, NY May 10/11 2014..

Started by Josey Wales, May 13, 2014, 10:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..Westchester Blue Mountain Sportsman Center has been a good venue for Appleseed.  I would like to thank all the students who participated and who came with open minds to learn.  They learned History Heritage and the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.  Great job to all.  To my Instructors who never trier, never falter, never taking a moment for themselves during the demanding weekend.  May they be remembered by name, VietVet, Grumpy1, Barbie, through the ages as the beacons of light that they are.  For they give in the name if Liberty, in the name of the righteous, they are the Jonny Appleseeds of Liberty, the modern day Paul Revere's spreading the word, casting out the alarm, trying to wake those sleeping Americans.  I appreciate your hard work, you make me look good as a Shoot Boss, you make my job easier, I thank you..   
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Thanks to all involved in this Event.
We always get treated very well at the Blue Mountain Sportsman Center and this was no exception.

As usual the Shooters were very eager to learn and that they did.
Many already looking forward to the next Appleseed Shoot.

Again......thanks to all involved in this one.

Here are a few photos.....enjoy...........
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

historybuff

Congrats to everyone! It's always great to see people looking forward to the next Appleseed.

A great turnout, wish I could have been there!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Barbie

I couldn't have asked for nicer weather for my first Appleseed since the move out to NY.  A big thanks to my fellow instructors for all the great effort put into the shoot, and also to the students for showing up to attend this past weekend. 

We had some folks who were creeping up little by little closer to that rifleman's score, while some others needed more practice in different areas, but all the while knowing what had to be done and what they had to work on.  Just don't forget to listen to the instruction that is being given, and with more practice you will see your scores start to improve.  Dry firing (without ammo, keep it locked up in a different room than you all together) is a great way to reinforce those basics guys & gals.  I use an outlet on the wall, but you can just as easily hang up a paper target.  If you need it to be more "visual", affix a laser pointer to the end of your barrel.  This is great in reinforcing natural point of aim.  Dry firing is something even the most seasoned rifleman does, plus, it's free and ya can't beat that!

Asides from all the marksmanship, don't forget the history and heritage that you heard over the weekend. Think about it, and what was given of those who came before us so we may enjoy the freedoms given to us today.  Let their stories inspire you to become more active citizens within not only your country, but also your local community.  Spread the word, invite friends and family out to the next event you plan on attending. 

See you all down the line,
Barb   :---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Grumpy1

Westchester County's Blue Mountain Sportsman Center, has hosted its second of four Appleseeds for 2014!

Thank You to Tino, the park's superintendent for his continued support of Appleseed!

Josey Wales, did a Great Job, running this Event. This is a very time challenging event, but Josey keeps on track and gets the job done, Both Josey and Viet Vet have worked hard to shape this event to be very effective.

Thank You to my fellow Instructors  Viet Vet and Barbie, Great Job!

Shooters remained engaged throughout the event, and as fundamentals were applied scores increased. Some Equiptment issues did effect some shooters, dirty rifles, slings and some ammo issues, caused problems.

Congratulations to our newest Young Patriots!

Great Job, by all involved
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Smurf

What a fine group of people that give of their time to attend or to instruct at the Westchester Appleseed Event!!!!

A small group that comes together at an Appleseed Event as almost strangers and leave with a far greater love of their fellow Americans.

Well done.