News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Urgent Call for Volunteers at NRA Youth Day

Started by slim, April 18, 2014, 12:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Appleseeders,

Like our forbears from this area who answered the call by running to Boston we've been given the wonderful opportunity to run the show at the NRA Youth Day on Sunday, Apr. 27th at the NRA Annual Meetings in Indianapolis.

Over 1,000 youth and their families are expected to filter through the Wabash Ballroom and we're going to do our best to not only 7th Step every single one of them but to also get them hooked on the History and Heritage.

NRA needs volunteers for things like- set up and registration, magnetic fishing, fence crossing safety, wildlife identification, and just general operation of the Youth Day. And the best part? We'll be wearing our Appleseed t-shirts while conducting these activities and then funneling everyone over to our 20x20' booth where they'll have the chance to hear the story, live and in person! 

HUZZAH!!!!  ^:)^

What we need from you -
A willingness to have FUN!!!

If you're interested in helping out with this amazing opportunity please post here or PM me. We need volunteers for one or both of our shifts. Youth 'seeders HIGHLY encouraged to attend and lend a hand. Families definitely welcome. I told their POC I could raise 15-20 volunteers. Please prove me wrong by flooding this event with twice or three times that. Let's have some FUN!!!

Shifts will be-
9:00 AM to 1:30 PM and/or 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM.

If you can work all, some or none of that no problem. We'll take whatever you can spare. Come out and join us and I look forward to seeing you soon!
-:)