News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewistown, PA May 3-4, 2014

Started by Chainsaw, May 05, 2014, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Two young men and their grandad got the Project Appleseed experience this weekend in Lewistown, PA.  They proved to be excellent students and showed very nice improvement throughout the weekend, coming tantalizingly close to clearing their Sun PM redcoats.

On Sunday they got to clang some AQT steel at 300 yrds, Trevor with his Mosin and Cameron with NavionPA's PTR91.  You know what happens when you hear that bell ring... you never look back...  The sound that makes the recoil completely irrelevant.

Despite dire weather predictions we got by with just some howling wind, being spared the downpours and lightning in other parts of our Commonwealth.

Hope to see you guys next time with even more of the family!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

navionpa

I wanted to put a copy of what one of the students sent me, I sent him some links for his M-N,

"I learned a lot form the history and the shooting techniques that my 4-H club haven't taught us in the three years I was in and you guys taught me in 2 days. we are hoping to do it again in June I am hoping to have you and tom as an instructor again I had lots of fun."