News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Gaston, SC Appleseed, 25 - 26 February, 2023

Started by TAZDevil, March 02, 2023, 04:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

A glorious 2 days instructing 15 Sea Cadets from the Charleston, SC area.
This was a .22 LR only event
This was a private event for the cadets, who were extremely attentive and polite.

Saturday started with overcast cool misty weather.  We started instruction with prone position SHFs, use of a sling and the first 3 steps to firing a shot before the Red Coat COF. This was done because ages ranged from 12 to 18, and vast majority were new to the handling of a rifle.  Red Coat prep time consisted of one on one instruction on the use of a rifle.  Thankfully again, the vast majority were Ruger 10 - .22 s.  Most of the rifles were scoped, which made it easier for the neophytes. 

Progress was slower than a usual but the students did not seem to care.  We did not cover Transitions from sitting and prone and therefore attempted no AQTs on Saturday.

We did not record the Red Coat scores Saturday.  However, Sunday scores were blistering!
AM  1    PM   4  100 yd
      4           2   200
      3           3   300
      1           2   400
      2           3   Shingle
      1           1   Clean
out of 15 shooters!
Sunday was warmer, 75F and partially cloudy

macsr (Todd) was advanced to an instructor!  Huzzzah!  Huzzzah!
his orange hat was peppered with .22 holes

Wonderful and successful Appleseed!
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

57plymouth

:pics:

I have many photos from the event.  DEH has some more he may post. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/sD0ZgoC

Todd teaching the First Strike

Todd teaching the Third Strike (busy man!)

Todd receives his well deserved Red Hat.

Cleveland

Huzzah. Great job, it is awesome to see the youth on the line.

Congratulations macsr, thanks for stepping up and taking a bigger bucket.

Liberty,
Cleveland
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleerâ„¢ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

DEH

At the end of day two a cadet came up and began shaking all of the Instructor's hands.  He looked me in the eyes and said "I will see you in April.  I will shoot a Rifleman score.  I promise."

As a 7th generation American Rifleman beginning at King's Mountain, that sent shivers down my spine.

As a long serving Instructor, sometimes I forget that what I am doing has an influence on people
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

57plymouth

57plymouth