News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD - Anne Arundel Fish & Game - APR 26-27, 2014 - AAR

Started by FFJim, April 28, 2014, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFJim

Saturday morning at Anne Arundel Fish & Game in Annapolis, MD started with great weather, 30 students and 9 instructors. This is the largest attended Project Appleseed event in Maryland history! The larger than normal crowd required us to shoot relays which in turn took a little extra time to sort out. But after that was complete, the motivated and interested students embraced the course of instruction. This motivation showed when the entire class agreed to stay later than normal to cover everything we wanted to in the first of our two days. The first day closed with a requalification as Rifleman by Mike B. and the students motivated by the great history telling of ShiguChan.

Sunday morning greeted the students and instructors with another day of great weather. With the logistical issues from day 1 overcome, we got started on time and dug in for a great day! This day contained great improvements in marksmanship. The day also was highlighted by more great history from ShiguChan, MedievalEngineer and MostlyHarmless. The days shooting wrapped up with another Rifleman, Seamas, re-qualifying. However, the highlight of the week was Tiina who after attending 6 times put everything together and shot Rifleman. To prove it wasn't a fluke, she backed it up twice with progressively higher scores and cleared the redcoat twice. Congrats to Tiina!!!!! I would love to see all 3 of these shooters take orange hats. Let's cross our fingers. The recruitment team is heading out.  ;D

In closing, I must say that I was both humbled by and proud of the number of military members, both active and retired, that attended this shoot. The entire instructor corps was overwhelming impressed with a fantastic young man who despite injuries received in Afghanistan participated in every course of fire without modification. Kudos to all of you.

In closing, a huge thanks to all of the students, instructors and those who support this project!!!! I can't wait until the next event.

FFJim
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD