News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

An Update from Blake. It's been a while!

Started by AmericaStandsStrong, April 17, 2014, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericaStandsStrong

Hey guys, I've been in and out of Appleseed for the last year and a half or so, and figured I'd let you know how I am doing. School and work have taken up almost ALL of my time, what little time I have left I usually spend with my friends, or on my motorcycle (my new hobby as of last June). In September, I secured a part time job at Swift River Gun Works in Belchertown. I absolutely love the work, and have been able to gain soooo much knowledge. It's just me, Doug (owner), and a man named Tom who helps with some of the metal finishing work. I'm set to graduate from highschool here in Greenfield within the next month or so. After that, only time will tell what will happen in my life. Appleseed has been a huuuge part of my life, and I absolutely did NOT want it to seem like I was leaving, just busy is all. I will be in Harvard this Saturday and I can't wait to see some of you guys again!

- See you soon

Blake

dwarven1

Blake, great to hear that you're working for a gun shop!

Alix & I moved up to VT and are opening our own gunshop - we had a FIVE-HOUR visit from the ATF this morning as part of the process, and we WILL be getting our FFL.

Won't see you this weekend as we'll be at Proctor.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON