News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO April 26-27

Started by 209Ken, April 26, 2014, 11:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Great weather and a great bunch of shooters. 29 on the line, one new Rifleman. ^:)^  We'll see who shows up tomorrow with rain in the forcast.
Pics and details to follow...
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

STLShane

We had a great time this weekend. Thank you to all those that made it possible. I learned a lot this weekend even if my targets didn't show it. I will be spreading the word about Appleseed to all those that will listen. Looking forward to going back in August and shooting with you guys again.
As much as I enjoy shooting, I have to say the stories were just as enjoyable. Thank you again for a fun and educational event.

Shane Chesher   

chefmossy

Had a great time shooting this weekend and got my Rifleman Patch

209Ken

Pictures as promised...

Checking targets

Survival Doc giving the third strike

Full line of shooters

Sunday morning Instructor meeting

Sunday Designated Sniper Rifleman Eva

Sunday Riflewoman Jamie

After the thunderstorm Sunday

Another Sunday Rifleman John

Mats? We don't need no silly mats!

Mitch clears his Redcoat target. Again.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

connibear

Great time at benchrest rifle club this past weekend. A very full line of shooters, us instructors had plenty to deal with and deal with we did. There were several frustrated shooters to begin with cause they didn't know there equipment, but as time progressed and instructors got the chance they mellowed out and started having some fun.

Congrats to all of our Riflemen and women. Noone took an orange hat BUT we encouraged those that are qualified to be an orange hat to do so and I think at least one maybe two will, lets hope. Despite a short storm on Sunday afternoon the shooters hung in there and got a little wet from their mats being soaked and popups flying down range, of coure the line was clear and we were at lunch learning about some DOM'S when the storm blew up, and then right back out.

By the end of the weekend we had several great groupings. Several started the weekend with large shotgun patterns and finished the weekend with around 8 moa. Great improvement from where they started. It showed them if they listen and practice they can attain a 4moa group. DRY FIRE, DRY FIRE DRY FIRE.

Thanks to all the instructors who came out this weekend. Ken you did great on your SBit. Look forward to the next event.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mutti

How Great is that! Those smiles remind me of why I just get a kick out of working with you all!

Congrats Jamie and John - welcome to Missouri's newest Rifleman.

Eva - very nice!

Hope to see you all on the trail!
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

209Ken

I want to make sure I mention our Saturday Rifleman Mike, who, on the first AQT of his first Appleseed scored a 210!  :bow:  Quite impressive. This man knows what he is about!!
I didn't get a picture of him getting his patch (or of him getting wet)  ::). so if anybody has those, please post!

connibear

i'll try to get my pics up tomorrow. I did get a pic of Mike getting some of that North Bridge water. ;D

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

KCKen

I just wanted to thank you all for your great efforts in teaching this weekend. We had a great time and WOW did I ever learn a lot!  I never had any formal rifle training and truly appreciate your hard work.  I promise I will be shooting better soon!  I particularly appreciate your emphasis on safety and will be bringing my daughter soon.  We all need to focus on the history of this great nation. So many do not value all the blessings we enjoy here and we must not allow them to slip away!

Looking forward to seeing you all again,

Ken

connibear

Mike getting his patch and baptism.