News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman IL April 19 & 20.

Started by 2 clicks low, February 27, 2014, 05:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

I have signed up as SB.

:sb:

Northern Illinois events have been lightly attended for a while. It is time to reverse that trend. Yes I know that the new CCW Laws have been sending students (and instructors) in other directions but it is time to regroup and get this state back on track.

I am looking for a few great instructors, from IIT0 to Master Instructor to join in making this the best Northern Illinois event in years.

I also need students. Talk to everyone you know and invite them. Anyone going to a gun show? Bring a stack of trifolds and hand them out. Stop  by your local gun shop and leave a stack of trifolds. If you are a member of a club, put it on the bulletin board and if possible in the news letter. Anyone a member of ASC? Can you get it in their schedule? How about their web site and/or mailer? I'm not sure who is in charge of promotions these days but can you contact ISRA and see if they can help promote?

I have heard rumors of the ability to email past students and invite them to events. Anyone know who practices such voodoo as I would like to avail myself of this.

No excuses. No  :pop:

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Boston

2 clicks,

I have a family obligation that weekend and will be out of town. I have been hitting up some members of the ASC and will send out reminders and invites for the next several events. Saw a few appleseed attendees at some of the public events this year and made a case for a return visit with done friends/family. Will let you know what I can turn up.

dond

2cl,

Go to TIPS and click on Shoot Boss. The directions are there.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

2 clicks low

Thanks to the SB's who sent me lists. With mine I sent out over 100 invites today.  :)

I currently see listed 1 IIT and 1 Student. :(

Yes I know it is Easter weekend but surely we can do better than that.  &)

:sos:

2cl

BALD EAGLE

I am from Crawfordsville, Indiana and will be in Illinois and would like to volunteer for the 19th. I also may be bringing 2 young ladies with me for the day. I am currently at an IIT2 progress check.  I look forward to being a part of your program for a day.   

2 clicks low

Welcome aboard Bald Eagle.
Please sign up via TIPS. Always glad to have more youngins, sign them up.
Bring your IIT2 and IIT4 PC. Let me know which strike or DOM you want to present.

Depending on the range usage (I expect it to be low on Sunday) we will go over to the 100 or 200 and slap some steel.

I now have 2 instructors and 6 students. Only need 8 more instructors and 34 students.
We now have momentum on our side so keep up the good work and keep selling this event.

Thanks
2cl

Yogi

I plan on helping. Would like to do S1 and DOM to complete iit4. Will sign up in tips.

2 clicks low

Welcome aboard Yogi. Is BooBoo coming? If so he should also bring the relevant PC(s) and a DOM.
S 1 is yours along with whatever DOM's you need to do.

Thanks

P.S. still need students.

2 clicks low

Holding at 4 students.
That's 10% of range capacity :'(  :'(  :'(
Surly we can do better than that.
:sos:

2cl

Turtle

this is the 3rd year i've tried to convince my brother to go.

he may be there.

and I will be there for the 2nd half of the day as an observer to get a different perspective.  i'll be doing my first practical rifle for the 1st half of the day. 

Miller

At the moment it looks like you've got 3 orange hats working with you 2CL and eight students.

Iowa has two shoots that weekend but the "close" one for me is almost twice as far as Waterman.
Assuming it gets staffed I may be available if you want a somewhat rusty Red Hat to pitch in. 

Fearful but resolute.

2 clicks low

Thanks Miller.
Would love to have you, rust and all (#9 and steel wool fixes rust). But I would understand if Iowa needed you more. Please use your discretion and go where needed most.
2cl

james76

Going to put in a vacation day for the 19th and sign up this weekend. I have shot many appleseeds but never at Waterman. Cant wait

HKSig45

2CL,

I'm signed up to work the Waterman shoot on 4/19-4/20.
Due to unforeseen family committment, I will only be able to work 4/19.
I would like to complete PC2 if possible.

Thanks

Chad

2 clicks low

HKSig45,
Glad to have you for whatever time you are available.
Bring your PC2 and your A-Game.

2cl

2 clicks low

Still only listing 4 students  ???

Seriously?

2 clicks low

Up to 7 students.
Can I get 14?
%)