News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RBC - Ramseur, NC - March 23, 2014

Started by dond, March 28, 2014, 09:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

It's been a great week meeting and working with the NC instructors and shooters. And the shooters came from several states, ranging from Tennessee to Pennsylvania.

There were 16 shooters. Six achieved the Rifleman Score on the KD AQT. Furthermore, everyone who had not previously achieved the Rifleman Score on the QDAQT did it here, and this included 4 shooters who had never been to an AS before. Some of these new shooters did not earn their score in time to do a full KD AQT, but they did get to shoot their centerfires for zero at KD.

In addition to this, three stepped forward for OHs. Two more would have, but their work schedule makes them unavailable for several months of the year. And one shooter accepted a Blue Hat.

Sadman and Adamsod are to be especially commended for their dedicated and exceptional work during this RBC. Lawrence also contributed much to the success of the event. And a big thank you is also extended to the shooters who were so attentive and worked so hard for such long hours, yet they always remained receptive to further instruction. And all this occurred during COLD and sometimes wet weather in the SPRINGTIME of the year. And most of the shooters camped out at the range.

And as of this writing, the event is not yet completed.

Several pictures should be arriving later.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Maximum Ordinate

Huzzah!  Wish I could have been there!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

jmdavis

If you haven't been to an RBC, you should seriously consider it. I know that it is a week + travel. But you really will get a great deal from it whether you are a first time student, IIT, instructor or even Shootboss or SI.  Between 2009 and 2012, I attended, worked or ran 7 RBC's and every one taught me something new.

Don, thanks for stepping up to keep the tradition of Rifleman Bootcamps alive.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

AFTERMATH

The only thing cooler than an RBC is an RBC at Ramseur - RWVA Ground Zero!   O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

StephenF

Thanks Don; I can tell you as someone who never experienced an Appleseed prior to the RBC that it was both exciting and challenging.  Many thanks to you and all of the instructors for making it a great week!  It was really inspiring to see the new prospective riflemen on Saturday and mark their progress-which was substantiale-books contributing in some small measure. 

For those who have not had the pleasure, sign up for an RBC; camp if you can-good times and great folks!

(Stephen in Raleigh but still a South Carolinians)

navionpa

I want to thank the NC instructors and Don for a great week.

I learned some new teaching methods, and hope to apply them at the next shoot.

David

Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds like a good time was had by all as we say here in the South.  ;D

I'm looking forward to working another RBC sometime soon.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

EZ3

I am looking at it as my "pilgrimage" to the Appleseed "Mecca".  Something every instructor should try to do at least once (IMO).  Definitely one of the most rewarding weeks of vacation I've ever spent, with top-notch instruction and first-class companionship.

Camping, shooting, and good company - does life get any better than that?

Below:

Jeremy, Gil, Stephen and Amber show they "know well what they are about"!

Dave, Gil and Stephen pick up their orange buckets to begin bailing.  Thanks, guys!

Two Young Patriots and a Dangerous Old Man prove they can hit from far beyond musket range!

The official Appleseed videographer for the RBC.

Dave border raids from PA to pick up his KD rocker.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

PHenry

DonD - yer making me "homesick" sir!

God bless and have a safe event ya'll.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Regulator

What a great week with a great bunch of patriots! Overmountain Man and Cameraman Dan are proud of their Long Distance rockers! Johnny Reb and I are still working on it  ;D

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Sadman

Don thank you for running the boot camp in Ramseur!  I learned a great deal from you this week and I will be incorporating many of the things you taught into my own instruction.  You made the RBC a great success!  Please convey my gratitude to Sarah as well.  The two of you make a great team!

It was also my privilege to meet the other students, instructors and shoot bosses that participated in the RBC.  I am always humbled by the quality of individuals in our program.

kDan

So good to see pictures of my favorite place in the world!  Hello Don, Lawrence and Wildman!  Can't wait to see you guys again.

I have been to Ramseur RBC three times. First as a student when I got my patch and my name (2-08!), then as a Red Hat Instructor when my dog had more fun and made more friends than I did (2-10!), and finally as Shoot Boss when New York State invaded North Carolina, and I brought home a starving cat for my wife (2-12!).  She still might forgive me someday, and the cat is very pleased with our furniture. 

Out back of Ramseur, there is a tree with my initials carved into it, and that is where I pitch my tent.  Each time I find new friends and catch up with old ones.  All three times I've been, we had a camp-fire every night, I garnered some shwag from a shed or the warehouse, and in the end Fred bought us dinner down the family feed-bag.  The looks you get when 25 pine-pitch-stained and uncombed shooters re-enter civilization, blinking under artificial lights in a packed restaurant on a Friday night after they been laying in the dirt on a hillside shooting rifles for a week. 

If you've never been, you're missing out.  If you're on this web-site, you need to go.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

jmdavis

Now, now Dan. Blue didn't make more friends than you. I still talk to D-fly and West, quite a bit. And Lawrence is definitely a rock.

Do you know about June 2011 when I left Ramseur with an abandoned 8 week old puppy?
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

SonOfAVeteran

As I have stated else where here on the forum, I cannot  thank enough Don , Patrick, and Alan to name a few and all the Instructors and just everyone on the line lending a hand to educate myself and my son on what we didn't know and need to know and work on going forward. I will be back to Ramseur NC for sure and look forward to reconnecting with all in the future and as a fledging Instructor I gained a sound footing on how to conduct ones self at the RBC.   
The Grand Master sends the king two swords. Wladyslaw Jagiello gives the signal 
Battle of Grunwald 1410
"We accept the swords you send us, and in the name of Christ, before whom all stiff-necked pride must bow, we shall do battle."

�King Vladislaus II,

"the boys of the rising generation are to be the men of the next, and the sole guardians of the principles we deliver over to them."

Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Knox 1810

EZ3

Quote from: SonOfAVeteran on April 16, 2014, 01:04:50 PM
As I have stated else where here on the forum, I cannot  thank enough Don , Patrick, and Alan to name a few and all the Instructors and just everyone on the line lending a hand to educate myself and my son on what we didn't know and need to know and work on going forward. I will be back to Ramseur NC for sure and look forward to reconnecting with all in the future and as a fledging Instructor I gained a sound footing on how to conduct ones self at the RBC.

It was a pleasure shooting with you, and THANK YOU for stepping up!  See you on the Appleseed Trail.   O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy