News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Libertyseed - Friday April 11th, Tampa

Started by 308LIBERTY, March 31, 2014, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

Come out to Florida Firearms Academy on Friday, April 11th at 7pm to support Appleseed. I've been going to this range for a couple years now and apparently I've grown on them because they've started asking me how they can support AS. This Sunday (April 6th) they offered us a promo table for a charity event and are allowing us to use their classroom on Friday, April 11 to present Libertyseed. I've posted the event in several online news sources. TBT changed my description (I never said anything about a debate) but it still works. Bay News 9 is still pending.

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/event-detail/libertyseed-story-of-the-american-revolution/126815

http://events.tbo.com/tampa_fl/events/show/370051234-libertyseed-a-story-of-the-american-revolution

http://www.yelp.com/events/tampa-libertyseed-a-story-of-the-american-revolution
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

As it was nearing 7pm and I was sitting all alone in the classroom, I started to worry, but then a few fine Americans did manage to show up and a fellow IIT, (Stoneknives) incognito as a student too, in addition to my lovely wife who came by after work. I learned a few things from this being my first Libertyseed. Promo was absolutely necessary, even beyond the poster and promo I did at the range. If not for the ads I placed online (something that only took a few minutes each to submit), the classroom would've been empty but for us instructors. One announcement even made it into the St Pete Times print edition and a guest brought me the clipping.

Friday after rush hour probably isn't the best time to schedule one of these, but sometimes the options are limited. My shoot boss (Sly223) did manage to brave the highways from 2 hours away right through the heart of St Pete rush hour and we were off to a running start. Sly started with a great first strike, I gave him a breather and did the second, then he finished with the 3rd. We had to rush through the end since the range was closing by that point, but Kevin from Florida Firearms Academy was patient with us (for the most part) even though we were keeping him at work late on a Friday night. Boy do I owe him one. The guests did seem to enjoy the history lessons and some took home materials to share with family members.

Thanks to everyone who helped pull this off. I now have the basics of how to organize one of these in the future, learned some lessons myself and hopefully will do better at promo next time. Next stop? April 19! See you soon.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke