News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp, anyone?

Started by DrJohn, March 22, 2014, 07:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

Tennessee had an Instructor Boot Camp just a few weeks ago, and Georgia had an IBC last year. Is there interest in having an IBC in South Carolina? If so, we could have one a bit later in the year, if we could get a minimum of six to ten attendees to commit to it. Since the South becomes unpleasantly hot in the middle of the summer, what I had in mind was an indoor, air conditioned facility in the heat of the summer, perhaps July or August, so as best to utilize the summer months to our advantage. Plans are to employ the former method of running the IBC so that IITs are evaluated and recommended for promotion up to and including advancement to IIT3. This would be done in conjunction with their next regular Appleseed event, but the details have been worked out and finalized. Once we have determined a sufficient amount of interest, we can settle on a venue and an appropriate weekend. Please chime in and share your thoughts.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

dreamerofdreams

Dr. John,

We currently have three active IITs in SC, two of whom are getting married and moving this summer.  Perhaps if we looked to opening this up to the Charlotte crew and the rest of NC we could get sufficient interest?  I know they have a good number of orange hats.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Jumpboot

I may be of assistance if you with wish to hold it close to the SC border in Matthews NC. I can provide a classroom provided it doesn't interfere with the other training dates we have scheduled. It's about a thousand square feet, A/C, small kitchen area, M/F separate restrooms, wi/fi ect. Area restaurants and hotels are within walking distance. Running a mock AS would be out of the question as this is not a firing range. Best of all it's free provided by Harley Davidson of Charlotte. If this looks like it fits your needs let me know and we'll work out the details. The motorcycles will be removed for the training.

Rifleman 6 May 2012

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison