News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Re-qual thread

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, April 07, 2014, 07:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

OK folks, as y'all know Appleseed instructors need to re-qualify every year to show that we can still walk the walk. Rifle marksmanship skills are a perishable commodity and must be continually refreshed. This is a thread to self-report your requal date, place, who verified your target (not the score) and any special conditions you might want to brag or complain about. (Qualified even though there were gnats, the sun was in my eyes, I had a bone in my leg, etc.)

I'll start.

KD requal December 6, 2013 in Ramseur, NC with PHenry as SB. Rusty verified my target. Shot my National Match M1A with irons.

25 meter requal April 6, 2014 in Manchester, TN with TnColonel as SB, 25 shooters and 8 instructors verified my target. Shot a new Ruger American .22 bolt gun.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Maximum Ordinate

I'll chime in for Skydog (of the Georgia crew): 

Skydog requalified on 6APR14 at Manchester, TN where TnColonel was SB.  I verified his target.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Maximum Ordinate

I requalified today, April 19th, 2014.

AR-15 with iron sights; Rising Fawn, GA; verified by Regulator.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

SureShotSpartan

2014 re-qualification July 24th in Rising Fawn, Shot with my AR, Witnessed by Ramblin' Wreck.
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

Gear Head Patriot

KD, JUL 14, Byers Co.  Verified by multiple instructors.

General Stuart

KD - Qualified in Elberton, GA on June 1st. Target verified by Dr. John

25m - Re-qualified in Rising Fawn on May 17th. Target verified by Rusty
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

Grumpy1

25m Westchester,  New York   July 13,2014 on a 10/22 loaner verified by longrange,and dude. :~
  It was a very nice loaner though >:D
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

Requal for JacobR (visiting from Illinois) at Manchester, TN on 27JUL14.  Verified by SB.
-Thomas Jefferson