News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1776: The Year of Illusions book

Started by 9mm4545, August 19, 2013, 12:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

I just discovered a great read which offers some really good insight on the early days of the Revolutionary War. I found it as a free download but that deal is over. Here is a link for a e-book version for a decent price. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/1776-thomas-fleming/1115441637?ean=2940016743325
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Oz

Bump.  I just got a notification that this is a Kindle ebooks at Amazon for $2.99 until April 28.  Looks like that is the same price as at B&N in the original post, but for Kindle readers...

http://www.amazon.com/1776-Thomas-Fleming-ebook/dp/B00DQ8LEE4?_bbid=10517&tag=bookbubemailc-20
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."