News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Air Force Academy Combat Rifle Team Colorado Springs, CO March 22

Started by oneshot_onehole, March 23, 2014, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneshot_onehole

Colorado Appleseed instructors had the honor of instructing 22 Air Force Academy cadets on Saturday, March 22. They are part of the USAFA Combat Shooting Team. The day started at a brisk 22 degrees and by the end of the day it had warmed up to 23. Everyone was cold but all hung in. These cadets started their spring break a day late so they could participate in this event.

They came being able to shoot well and hopefully left shooting better.  We told the Three Strikes and Lt. Col GearHeadPatriot talked about what it meant to take the Oath.

A big thanks to Kelly (CSTCoach) the rifle team coach, and all the instructors who helped out: MustangRifleman, COJeepGirl, Offy, Mellow Yellow, ColoradoBoots, Franktown_Kid and GearHeadPatriot.

We hope we can do this again, maybe to a long distance range.
Jim

COJeepGirl

Again, what an honor to have an Appleseed
on a military installation! The cadets took time out
of their spring break to learn steady hold factors
and some history with US!! I am so proud of these
guys and gal.
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

COJeepGirl

more pics
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

COJeepGirl

CSTCoach

"Through mentorship and coaching, demonstrate a method of training which is safe, effective, combat relevant and encourages a continuous thought process which will demand accountability. " - UNIT Mission Statement

CSTCoach

3 More.
"Through mentorship and coaching, demonstrate a method of training which is safe, effective, combat relevant and encourages a continuous thought process which will demand accountability. " - UNIT Mission Statement

CSTCoach

4 more.

For anyone that's interested in the CST or our mission, you can find us on facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/USAFACST

Thanks for all the help everyone, sorry for the miserable weather!

COJeepGirl

We froze our things off but it was a great shoot!
Looking forward to next time!

Mellow Yellow

This was an awesome shoot.  The Combat Rifle team members were great to work with,  exceptionally attentive, enthusiastic, and polite.  It's refreshing to see young men and women so focused, on track, and respectful, a fine reflection of what is best in America.   I don't think I've been called Sir and given thanks so many times at any shoot.  All suggestions were taken positively; they took in all we could deliver in a day.   At end of day after I shared  a piece of my personal story, I was genuinely thanked, I truly believe they took the message to heart.   I'd be honored to return and assist at another Appleseed event at the Air Force Academy.     

Mike     
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.  ~ Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
~ Thomas Jefferson

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR500-Precision-Steel-Targets-3-8-thick-6-4-wide-x-4-7-tall-SPRING-SALE-/111908339978?

Colorado Pete

Sounds great! It was cold and snowy the last time we were there too. Wish I'd been able to make this one as well. Good job all.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper