News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ItsanSKS, eagleriver, and fisherdawg get DAR Award for History

Started by fisherdawg, March 24, 2014, 01:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

eagleriver got the ball rolling an this as it was his efforts that got us scheduled for the LibertySeed we gave on Feb 13th.
Last Thursday, March 20th, the DAR invited us to their award ceremony for 2014. It was a chance to see and to hear from some of the outstanding youth they recognized this year for citizenship, JROTC award winners, and scholoarship winners from their essay contest.
They awarded the 3 of us a beautiful certificate for efforts in American History (LibertySeed!).
Better yet, it lead to the next public LibertySeed at the Alaska Genealogy Society meeting on Wednesday June 18th 7 pm to 9 pm at the BP Energy Center!
;D
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

George Hacker

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Fred

There needs to be a press release sent out about this, both to AK media and nationwide.

I mean, is this the FIRST recognition by a national group of the value and worth of Libertyseeds?

Has the DAR sent a PR out on it? (Doesn't matter, as they will cover more than AS, whereas we want to emphasize AS...)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

fisherdawg

Fred,
I'll draft a PR for our side.  Beside you, who else should I include to get it edited & reviewed?  Is there information somewhere on the Forum about distribution of the PR once we've completed drafting it? (Seems to me I've read that before, Promotions or WL-X?....)

I'll draft a PR (or PR's)  for my good friends in the Col. John Mitchell Chapter DAR both for our awards individually and for their entire awards ceremony and see if they want to run with either.  I bet they will.

I'll repeat for the June 18th L/S at the Alaska Genealogy Society

Quote from: Fred on March 24, 2014, 03:29:43 PM

There needs to be a press release sent out about this, both to AK media and nationwide.

I mean, is this the FIRST recognition by a national group of the value and worth of Libertyseeds?

Has the DAR sent a PR out on it? (Doesn't matter, as they will cover more than AS, whereas we want to emphasize AS...)
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Fred

Quote from: fisherdawg on March 24, 2014, 04:23:38 PM
Beside you, who else should I include to get it edited & reviewed? 

We still don't have a formal "promo team", but I have hopes that one will emerge over the next few months - we'll have to see if, after 7+ years of knowing we need one, and seeing the growing number of empty slots on the firing lines, we can finally get enough volunteers motivated to step up to work in an area critical to the future of Appleseed.

Like I say, I have hopes...

QuoteIs there information somewhere on the Forum about distribution of the PR once we've completed drafting it?

Hmm, distribution? There are websites which offer a function which allows you to enter the zip of your target area to generate a list of all the media servicing that zip - and then allows you to send a mass PR email to them.

GOA used to have one. Prob any good advocacy group (think "Save the Whales") could have one, and you could use it, SFAIK.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

fisherdawg

I've compiled a fair media distribution list for Alaska.  This will be a good reason to updated it send and out the P/R's.
Because we have been getting close to sellouts as well my focus on other aspects the program, I haven't used the media list this year.  Time to get after it.  I've got some IIT's that want too.  Phew! ;)
fisherdawg

Quote from: Fred on March 24, 2014, 05:12:22 PM
Quote from: fisherdawg on March 24, 2014, 04:23:38 PM
Beside you, who else should I include to get it edited & reviewed? 

We still don't have a formal "promo team", but I have hopes that one will emerge over the next few months - we'll have to see if, after 7+ years of knowing we need one, and seeing the growing number of empty slots on the firing lines, we can finally get enough volunteers motivated to step up to work in an area critical to the future of Appleseed.

Like I say, I have hopes...

QuoteIs there information somewhere on the Forum about distribution of the PR once we've completed drafting it?

Hmm, distribution? There are websites which offer a function which allows you to enter the zip of your target area to generate a list of all the media servicing that zip - and then allows you to send a mass PR email to them.

GOA used to have one. Prob any good advocacy group (think "Save the Whales") could have one, and you could use it, SFAIK.