News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX March 22-23, 2014

Started by scuzzy, March 27, 2014, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

We had a good turn out for the first official Appleseed shoot in Waco.

25 Shooters signed up and we had 4 walkons.

The event started off a bit hectic on Saturday as the range we were assigned would not hold all of the people. We wound up having to split the group into two and got a smaller range assigned to the second group. So it took awhile to get all that sorted out.

We assigned a large group of Scouts to range #1 and put the overflow on range #2.

By the time we had all of that sorted out the morning was a bit advanced. I had the pleasure of working range #1 with the Scouts. These were some great kids to work with. Well behaved, good manners, and most important - Safe!! As usual at an Appleseed as the day progressed we saw quite a bit of improvement. Two of the young men had frowns on their face due to frustration - however as the day progressed and their shots started to hit where they should the frowns turned to smiles.

Sunday had a bit of complications too. We were able to move to a large range which also had overhead cover. Things were going pretty well until a group of high power shooters started showing up wondering why we were on their range. This occurred right about 1:00 pm. The high power match was scheduled to start at 2:00 pm. So we hurriedly did one more AQT, a redcoat, and quickly packed up our gear. We finished with the benediction near the club house.

Even with the little incidents it was still a good event.

We had two riflemen on Sunday, Paul & Tim. Congrats guys. Paul was the leader of the Scouts and I'd like to thank him for bringing out such a great group of young people. Tim was also one of the adults with the Scouts and thanks for doing the work with them.

I had the pleasure of meeting Delia & Rachel. Delia had helped Bullet at a local convention on Friday where Appleseed had setup a booth. She's a really nice lady.

And thanks Reddot, Tim Beatty, and pistolgrip for helping out. If we hadn't had the extra instructors this weekend it would have been pretty hectic.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Nero

Congrats on getting this great new spot up and running!   O0  Hopefully the logistical glitches will get worked out next time.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Pistolgrip

A very good shoot...And good place to have a shoot...I enjoyed working with the shooters and saw groups improving up and down the line...Congrats to Paul & Tim on scoring Rifleman. I am looking forward to the next Waco shoot.    ^:)^
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain