News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pensacola, Florida April 5-6, 2014

Started by Engineer shooting, April 07, 2014, 01:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

With perseverance and resolution, patriots of Pensacola learned of their heritage and attacked their targets. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men, and women, amongst them who know very well what they are about.

Sunday everything including what was under cover was wet from hard driven side way rain. It did not discourage our patriots from improvement.  New patches handed out; youths attending their introduction to marksmanship acquitted themselves well. After the KD lecture many were ready to apply their new knowledge the smiles after examining their targets at distance were beaming.  O0 O0

With the faithful staff of Alchemist, AdobeWallsOfFla, Blackfog and Lucky Lori men and women not at Appleseed, Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks, That shot with us upon Appleseed day.  :bow:

During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as rangers against the Indians and Canadians, and this country being very much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting.     General Hugh Percy, 2nd Duke of Northumberland
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Alchemist

Here is what one shooter had to say:

My wife and I want you to know and pass on to the instructors how much we enjoyed and appreciate their work. They were knowledgeable, sharp-eyed, patient, and tactful making corrections.  Teaching is a much art as science and the lady in the orange "rookie" hat has a natural teaching talent. She will make an exceptional "red hat" as she grows into the role.

The history presentations were delivered in an enthusiastic detailed style. All presenters were excellent. The gentleman with silver hair is a gifted story teller. He especially made the story come alive unlike the boring monotones we were subjected to in school. He would be a welcome guest speaker in today's high school history classes.

I am an experienced hand-gunner, and recognize rifling is a different discipline. But safety is safety, and their safety protocol was second to none. A parent should have no safety concern in brining their age appropriate youngster.

On the fine points of technique, finding the natural point of aim was presented in lecture in the morning. But it did not jell with the class. The instructors recognized this in the afternoon, slowed down, got down and went over it individually one-on- one. I feel this would have been time well invested done as soon as that technique was introduced in the morning.

As described in the course curriculum, the day was fast paced. Fatigue took its toll on some of us more senior students in the afternoon. Some scores actually went down , perhaps discouraging to the instructors. However let them know all is indeed well.
Yesterday morning, refreshed, we practiced  at a deliberate pace and did much better. As speed comes with the repetition of smooth technique, we will work on that next range session.

Again, we thank all the instructors for their investment in preserving our proud American heritage and the related  art of
the rifle.

Sincerely,

S and J

AdobeWalls

Photos (no rain):

But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

AdobeWalls

Dern, yanked the trigger again!
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Engineer shooting

gentleman with silver hair, guess I've been called worse.  ;D
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther