News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saxet Gun Show - Nov 15 & 16 - Austin - Table Reserved

Started by metalbot, September 29, 2008, 11:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalbot

Hi All,

We have a table reserved for the Saxet Gun Show in Austin on Nov 15 & 16.  This is the week after the Appleseed for November.

I've asked for a table that will actually put us in the middle of the show, but no guarantees yet.  I'll be calling to follow up this week.

I can coordinate banner, flyer, target needs with Scout and Didactic, but I really need some people to step up and help me staff the booth.  If you can commit to spending even a partial day at the booth, please respond here so that we can start coordinating a schedule.

Marc

Davilla 1108

voortrekker

I will be there to help staff the table.

PM me for further info.

Thanks,

Brett
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

voortrekker

Howdy All,

We've five days to prepare and plan.

Those that can attend this show, chime in here.  Thereafter, send PM's to those attending.

I can be there half of Saturday and all of Sunday.

Who among us will help out with promoting Project Appleseed at this gun show?

brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

metalbot

I can commit to mornings on both days.  I'd planned to do the full show, but I'm on the road this week and I'll be facing a family revolt if they lose me for more "gun stuff" after hiding at boot camp all week.

What do we have in the way of distributables?  I'd like to be able to hand out business cards that have RWVA logo on the front as well as links to the websites, then a schedule for the 2009 Davilla shoots on the back.  I'm not sure we have time to do this for this show, but we can definitely do it before next time.

Davilla 1108

didactic

I can be there late Friday afternoon with banner and frame, to help metalbot set up, either half day saturday (have a lunch meeting about five miles away, 11-1, and at least for teardown time Sunday afternoon.

I'll have an assortment of targets, a couple of display rifles, (Garand and 10/22) other promo material.  And my red hat and shooting jacket!

Do we have a list yet of the 2009 Davilla and College Station shoot dates?  I already have the list of the El Paso and Midland dates, and can make up a flyers for those.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

TheUpsetter

I unfortunately cannot assist at the show on account of that being my last weekend in Texas before moving across the country.  But I wanted to let you guys know that there were at least a couple of shooters in Davilla this weekend who came up from San Antonio after getting info about Appleseed from the booth you guys set up down there.

Good work guys!

_Dylan
"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

preTex

Who has the schedule and what we need to do/say that we're manning a table, etc????
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, NOTHING will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. "
Patrick Henry

metalbot

Show up when you can.  Right now I'm committed to being there for both mornings. 

Our booth is on the South side of the building. 
Davilla 1108

preTex

I think the table was a success just from the morning hours I was there.  I've never seen the Austin show so packed! :o

Let me know if any assistance is needed with any of the followup contacts, especially with the club that is on the edge south of Austin.  I look forward to helping out with the table in the future.  Any idea on the schedule?
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, NOTHING will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. "
Patrick Henry

POP

What to do at an AS gun show table!

Work an AS table at a gun show with the same zeal you put into an AS range event.

Doug, didactic, metalbot, voortrekker, bigd, and a few others whose handles escape me were at the November SAXET show in Austin.  In my view ... a big success.  Here's why:

The table was close to one corner of the showroom.  The AS Banner was easily visible all over all the way to the far corner.

Information on the table included: Citizens Rule Book, AQT, Redcoat, AS Flyer, Appleseed business cards with webb address and logo, and more.

Those of us who manned the table fielded questions from show attendees.

And for those of you who can't sit still (such as yours truly), just walk around the show looking for that sling or ammo can or other part you've been wanting.  Ask questions and talk with folks around you while you are looking for that part.  Listen and key in on what their interest is.  Point them over to the Banner to talk to one of the dangerous old men.  It is that easy.  And, that helps generate activity at the AS table.

Often I would be across the showroom listening to someone  and ask them "Do you like to shoot?"  Of course, the answer is always yes!  Ask if there are any places near them to shoot or where they like to shoot.  Often they will tell you there no really good places.  BINGO.  AppleSeed to the rescue.  Don't take a lot of their time.  Just introduce AS, give them a card, and point to the Banner across the showroom.  Then tell them about the folks there who can explain the AS Project and tell them to please stop by when they get over on that side.

Now, how well does that work?  Was it a success?  I can tell you I hope to see them all in Davilla December 6.  Will they all be there?  I can tell you I know the Seed is planted.

I learned a lot talking to folks all over the show.  They learned a lot about AS.

Try the next show in your area.  You'll be glad you did.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Scout

Great Job guys! I can not tell you how nice it is to have some help getting the word out in Texas now. I sent you some guys, folks who had emailed me about Appleseed and I sent them to the Austin gun show to find the table. Hopefully they showed up and found you. One guy was a Russian.

We have had about a dozen Russians and Ukranians and Latvians and Poles at Appleseeds recently and they have all been deadly serious about the program. I wonder why? Do you think it is because they lived in countries that did not have the same freedoms we have?

They always tell me that we take so much for granted here, our freedoms, the ability to even have an organization dedicated to protecting the message of freedom that our founding fathers left us. Hopefully we won't have to lose our freedoms to begin apprecciating them.

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

POP

But, Wait Scout.  There's More.

There is a SAXET show in Corpus Christi This Weekend.

found out while reading the local rag online this morning.  so,  like any good, dedicated, committed, Rifleman ...

The wife and I went this afternoon and passed out AS business cards and talked with folks.

Will probably go tomorrow afternoon for a while but, have other committments as well.

AAR Corpus Christi - Big show this month.  not as packed as Austin.

Folks are  interested in talking about AS.  Just a matter of time until we get a location in South Texas.

NEXT SAXET show in Corpus Christi is January 31.  Tables  are $55.00.  Anyone interested in helping out?

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

metalbot

I've got 2000 business cards sitting in my garage.  Anyone doing shows who needs some should ping me, and I'll mail them to you.

Davilla 1108

Scout

Pop, take a look at Freer Texas and see what you think about that location. Our family has a thousand acres there we can use for an APpleseed. See what you think about people traveling to Freer for one, and keep looking around the major city of Corpus also. Thanks Pop!
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

POP

Wow, Freer would pull the Hill Country, San Antonio,  Victoria, coastal communities from Port Lavaca to Port Mansfield, the Rio Grande Valley for folks like Rifleman Kevin in McAllen, Hondo, Uvalde, Pearsall, Alice, Kingsville ... not to mention the thriving metropolis of Corpus Christi. 

I'm working on some friends just north of Beeville.  But, your family place in Freer would really draw from South Texas.  Freer is probably an hour and a half from me here in CC.

Let's Talk!

Thanks,
POP 
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

thisismyboomstick

Is there going to be a table at the Saxet show in Austin this month?

I have a few guys I'd like to send for some info.