News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC in Western PA

Started by Charles McKinley, February 27, 2014, 12:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Hello,

There will be an IBC just south of Clintonville, Pennsylvania Exit 35, I-80 on April 5-6, 2014.
The address is:

310 Eau Claire Road
Emlenton, PA 16038

kDan will be the SI.  I'm sure there will be an official signup somewhere.

Lots of room to park, camp and sleep inside if the weather is bad.

Come and meet with like minded people, sharpen up your skills and I'm sure the worlds problems will be solved at a late night bull session. 

Please direct question to me.  More details to follow.

Please notice the date has been changed to April 5-6, 2014.  Thank you
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

Why come to an IBC?

Well, if you are just starting out as an IIT, or even if you haven't yet committed to an Orange Hat, you get the benefit of a cram course in becoming a proficient Appleseed instructor.  Performance at the IBC, combined with performance at a subsequent Appleseed event, can result in promotion up to IIT3.  And it's "just us", no need to sweat performing in front of students, just guys and gals that have been there and done that.  It's a "Jet-Assisted Takeoff" for your Appleseed career!

If you are already an IIT3 or IIT4, or even if you wear a red hat, it is an opportunity to refine your skills and borrow ideas.  This will improve your performance at future events.  This will lead to a better student experience, more referrals and more repeat students.  We ALL have room to improve, don't we?  You might even pick up some ideas on 7th-stepping and filling up the lines at your events!

And we won't be "in class" 24/7.  There will be plenty of quality time with like-minded people.  You'll meet new friends and catch up with old friends from "the Trail". 

Prerequisites for attending an IBC are:  attendance at an Appleseed event and demonstrated ability to shoot a Rifleman score.  If you have been considering taking up an Orange Hat, but want to know more about it - this is the time and place!

The textbooks for this class are the Appleseed Instructor Manual, and "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer.  Preferably, you will have read these prior to attending.  If not, RELAX!  We will help get you up to speed, regardless.

Come to the IBC - "It is your DESTINY!"

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charles McKinley

Please PM me if you plan to attend,

Thank you,

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Charles McKinley

Information will be compiled here.  Please post if you will be coming and if you have any questions.

So far Invictus Maneo, bcurfman, Wheeler and DeckApe are attending.

Come and join us! 

Charles McKinley

We are planning for 20 students and as many instructors that want to come!  Four people have signed up so there are 16 slots left!

There is plenty of room to stay in the classroom or camp.

We are working on a plan to Feed you. 

You are welcome to come in Friday for those coming a long way or just want to get an early start on solving the world's problems.

Charles McKinley

Menu Planning:

Does anyone planning to come have dietary restrictions: medical, religious or otherwise?

Please bring you own junk food, chips, pretzels, pop as these are expensive, have too many options and are subject to great personal preference.

Are you coming?
We have seven people signed up at the moment.  If you are even thinking of coming please send me a maybe PM.  I would rather be over prepared than under.

What to bring
    Teachable attitude
    Instructor's Manual
    Paul Revere's Ride
    An interesting rifle other might not have seen on the line
    Stuff you would bring to a shoot
    Sleeping bag/cot

Wheeler

Stand: I am on a see-food diet. Otherwise no problems. Dan  ;D

Charles McKinley

Please print out and have read the NEW instructor's Manual:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=35341.0

If you have anything to trade or sell feel free to bring it along.

If there are any questions feel free to contact me.

MsMtnEagle

Hi Stand,
    The weather is terrible here today & predicted bad for tomorrow also.  So, I had a range inspection (I work on the NRA Range Technical Team) scheduled for Southern Ohio that I will now have to go to next weeked, April 4/5.  :-(   I know!  I've been really looking forward to the IBC!  Sigh... stupid weather!  Its like we live in Narnia now!  The winter that never ended!  I'm so sorry to have to cancel, but please let me know if another one will be scheduled and I will be there! 
Thank you,
Pam
"I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it"
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"  
"What would you choose to do today if you KNEW that you would succeed?"

Birdman

Hey Stand,
I'll be there. PM me if you need anything. I did not see anything on Eventbrite to sign up.
Birdman

Charles McKinley

Please be here by 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

There are still spots open.  Even if you come at the last minute we will feed you and put you up for the night(s).

You are welcome to come in on Friday if you like. Please PM me if you will be coming in Friday.

Stand

Charles McKinley

Final bump!

Please bring a copy of the new Instructor Manual, Paul Revere's Ride, interesting rifle that may show up on the line.

The weather looks iffy I'm not sure if we will be able to fit trigger time in or not?

I have the mains meals covered.  Please bring your own pop and junk food.  There is a refrigerator, beds, lots of floor space, wi-fi and HEAT.

There may even be GIFTS AND PRIZES!  ;D

Where else can you have this much fun for Gas money an a few dollars for food?

Please be here by 8 a.m.