News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC April 4-5, 2014 in Western PA

Started by Charles McKinley, March 02, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Hello,

There will be an IBC just south of Clintonville, Pennsylvania Exit 35, I-80 on April 5-6, 2014.

kDan will be the SI.  Please PM me to Sign up, thank you.

Lots of room to park, camp and sleep inside if the weather is bad.

Come and meet with like minded people, sharpen up your skills and I'm sure the worlds problems will be solved at a late night bull session. 

Please direct question to me.  More details to follow.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

Why come to an IBC?

Well, if you are just starting out as an IIT, or even if you haven't yet committed to an Orange Hat, you get the benefit of a cram course in becoming a proficient Appleseed instructor.  Performance at the IBC, combined with performance at a subsequent Appleseed event, can result in promotion up to IIT3.  And it's "just us", no need to sweat performing in front of students, just guys and gals that have been there and done that.  It's a "Jet-Assisted Takeoff" for your Appleseed career!

If you are already an IIT3 or IIT4, or even if you wear a red hat, it is an opportunity to refine your skills and borrow ideas.  This will improve your performance at future events.  This will lead to a better student experience, more referrals and more repeat students.  We ALL have room to improve, don't we?  You might even pick up some ideas on 7th-stepping and filling up the lines at your events!

And we won't be "in class" 24/7.  There will be plenty of quality time with like-minded people.  You'll meet new friends and catch up with old friends from "the Trail". 

Prerequisites for attending an IBC are:  attendance at an Appleseed event and demonstrated ability to shoot a Rifleman score.  If you have been considering taking up an Orange Hat, but want to know more about it - this is the time and place!

The textbooks for this class are the Appleseed Instructor Manual, and "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer.  Preferably, you will have read these prior to attending.  If not, RELAX!  We will help get you up to speed, regardless.

Come to the IBC - "It is your DESTINY!"

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

EZ3

If you have not yet done so, please contact Stand to reserve your slot at the IBC.  Only 20 are available for students.  All RHs are welcome (we'll make room). 

All further updates will be posted on the PA state board.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy