News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AK - New Illinois RH

Started by Shooter30-06, February 18, 2014, 11:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter30-06

This weekend Illinois got a new Red Hat.   Congratulations to AK for your achievement! ^:)^  I am sure I also speak for all of the shooters you have helped over the years.  My Bride continues to make  me proud of her.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

The Nailer

Congratulations AK very well deserved you are an inspiration to many shooters and instructors alike it is always a pleasure to work with you.

SlingBurn

Congratulations!  It was great to be there when you earned it! 

Looking forward to more shoots with you!
"I have not a man who is afraid to go." - Isaac Davis

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

dond

Congratulations. What a nice pair of Red Hats.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

AK

Thank you all for your kind words.  I have learned a lot from every instructor I have ever worked with, both as a shooter and IIT.  I appreciate all your dedication.  I was getting pretty comfortable in my orange hat.  Thank you Shooter 30.06 for encouraging me to "get off the couch" and earn the red hat.  I will wear it proudly as I continue to learn.  Thank you.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

fisherdawg

Congratulations on the Red Hat.
May your lines be full!
fisherdawg
;D ..:.. O0 :bow: ^:)^
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Boston

RBKL

Congrats on the Red Hat!!
^:)^

Glad I could be there - see you on the trail.

RBKL

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

John Boch