News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My journey from non-shooter to Shoot Boss in Guns and Lace online magazine

Started by Trisha, March 01, 2014, 05:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

I have been in Appleseed since September of 2008 and I will never forget my journey, which is why I thought writing articles for magazines could be beneficial in getting other women to start shooting and of course promote Appleseed! I started with the online Guns and Lace magazine and it was accepted! Please check it out, my article is on page 12.
http://www.gunsandlace.com/pageVirtualMagazineEdition2-9NoFlash

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

AFTERMATH

O0

Nice write-up!  But you forgot to mention you were planning to shoot boss a Ladyseed in MN in the coming future. ^-^
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Haha, sorry about that! And when will you have one?? I'd be more than happy to come up there!

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Trisha on March 01, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Haha, sorry about that! And when will you have one?? I'd be more than happy to come up there!

Haven't quite figured out the details yet, but...  There's certainly some desire. 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Don't set it up for September or October...if you want me there! Those months are booked for me!

DEH

Well written article.

FWIW, I met your in-laws at the Ft. Stewart shoot in 09 and your mother in law was practically bubbling with pride when she talked about you.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Trisha

Quote from: DEH on March 02, 2014, 09:18:47 PM
Well written article.

FWIW, I met your in-laws at the Ft. Stewart shoot in 09 and your mother in law was practically bubbling with pride when she talked about you.

Thank you! And thank you for telling me about my mother-in-law...I really wished I could've made it to that shoot...

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Trisha

Quote from: scuzzy on March 03, 2014, 03:51:56 PM
Quote from: spitstickler on March 03, 2014, 11:53:03 AM
Great read! Good work Trisha!

Yup - I just read it for the articles.  :cool2:

Nice Scuzzy! Ha  ::)

I was looking outside the box a little when I asked if I could write an article for them. Trying to see what works!