News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Contact information for the Tampa Chapter, SAR

Started by ItsanSKS, August 29, 2008, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

It has been brought to my attention (funfaler) that the brother organization to the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) is know as the, you guessed it, Sons of the American Revolution.  This group, who's mission statement reads:

QuoteThe SAR is a historical, educational, and patriotic non-profit, United States 501(c)3, corporation that seeks to maintain and extend

* the institutions of American freedom
    * an appreciation for true patriotism
    * a respect for our national symbols
    * the value of American citizenship
    * the unifying force of e pluribus unum that has created, from the people of many nations, one nation and one people.

We do this by perpetuating the stories of patriotism, courage, sacrifice, tragedy, and triumph of the men who achieved the independence of the American people in the belief that these stories are universal ones of man's eternal struggle against tyranny, relevant to all time, and will inspire and strengthen each succeeding generation as it too is called upon to defend our freedoms on the battlefield and in our public institutions.

funfaler mentioned that this group would be a good one to contact, in the hopes that our shared goals could lead to a mutually beneficial relationship.  I, unfortunately, am not as familiar with our own program as I feel I would need to be to make contact with a group as influential as this.  However, I do have the contact information for their President of the Tampa chapter, Allen Bell.  His email address is: brimeremama _at_ netzero.com (remove the spaces and _at_ and replace with '@')

They appear to be a very active group, holding regular monthly meetings and working with local schools to promote the education of our youngsters. 

I am posting this in the hopes that someone more closely affiliated with the Appleseed Project would be able to make contact. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

PHenry

ItsanSKS,

Consider yourself sufficiently closely related sir! Contact away - please! Just PM me for an intro letter and find their contact info. Perhaps a phone call first, and then follow with more info.

Don't be shy - the water's comin' in faster every day! No time for formalities here - your country needs you!

I am here to help you in any way I can - just PM for anything you need.

All you need is a love of Liberty that knows no bounds and is incapable of being "embarrassed" or of having concerns about "bothering" anyone.

You are here - you are planning on attending an event - you are an Appleseeder by definition and need no invitation to help spread the word.

Just ask FF - he is several "pay grades" above me - and I'll bet you a dollar he'll tell you the same thin!  ;D

The SAR needs to know about Applseeds. The SAR wants to hear from you................I can just feel it!  8)

Go get 'um!  :o
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

Would you believe that I just ran into a DAR yesterday??? Of course, I gave her two SWAT articles with fliers inside!

I found out that she was a Daughter of the American Revolution because I was already giving her my best Appleseeds promo speech!

She seemed of like mind, and I was right! Just goes to show that FunFaler is right to work on every person he meets - ya never know where your next Appleseeder may come from.  8)

Applseeds is not a hobby - it is a way of life.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata