News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Friends of NRA Members

Started by WestTx, October 01, 2008, 05:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestTx

Big Ice had a great idea in posting about TSRA. Now I'm asking about Friends of NRA.
Who in Texas is active with FoNRA?
I am an NRA Life Member (Benefactor, I think) and have been actively involved with NRA most of my adult life. Friends of NRA offers an opportunity to get out beyond the folks you normally associate with at shoots and events, by bringing in community members.
I am dealing with the El paso area FoNRA and finding tremendous interest in Appleseed.
Rifleman. That says it all.

funfaler

The FoNRA banquets and functions are a great way to work out a win-win situation. 

We can get them a couple of Appleseed Certificates to auction off, they make a few bucks, we get some exposure.  We also establish a relationship with one of the better, grassroots efforts of the NRA, bringing Appleseed to the local level.

This is just one more of the many local/state level relationships that we need to be developing system wide.

Good work!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

Should this idea be posted on the SC board, simply to make sure the right people "get the point"?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

didactic

I think it'd be a grand thing to donate Project Appleseed certificates to EVERY FoNRA banquet.

And have an Appleseeder attend as many as possible to 'splain it all.

Over the past few years I have missed our local one as often as I've attended, because I didn't HEAR about them until a few days before, and couldn't rearrange my schedule soon enough.

Anybody else had this problem?
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

RifleWoman

The gift certificate we currently have was designed exactly for this purpose.  We just need a nice 11X17 poster to go along with it that explains what we are etc in few words and nice pictures.  Then to get people to get them out there.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Will

I was very heavily involved in Texas FONRA for almost 10 years- rose to the level of West Texas District Chairman. I am no longer associated with them.

It would not be appropriate to discuss why here but send me a PM if you want to know.