News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dangerous Old Men/Women in American Thinker

Started by TaosGlock, February 18, 2014, 03:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

A bit old, but just found it and did not see it archived.
Here:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/dangerous_old_men.html

Nice to see Lamson, Whittemore and Batherick heritage given the honor they deserve!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Lonestar6

Quote from: dart67eb on February 20, 2014, 03:18:50 AM
I wrote this last year.
Well then, thank you for a well written piece that puts the past and present into context. LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Johnnyappleseed

Good one TG

The author sure did a great job by referencing " Walk Kowalsky " in the movie " Gran Torino" and the retired "Green Beret" in the Matthew Bracken book .

Appleseeders may enjoy the book referenced " Enemies foreign and Domestic" by former navy seal
Matthew Bracken .

It provides a modern reference to the dangerous old men we have come to know .

Thank you for starting this thread D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

dart67eb

You folks are too kind.  The comments at the site are very lively.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Reddot

Dart,
You have a talent. Thanks for writing this.

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: dart67eb on February 24, 2014, 02:16:14 AM
You folks are too kind.  The comments at the site are very lively.

Thanks Dart !
Have ever considered changing your avatar ?  ;D ;D ;D

Great writing Ebben !
Thank you !
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge