News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka Shoot Help

Started by stoneknives, September 09, 2014, 09:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

14 so far on the roster this weekend for Myakka and only my old nasty butt on the Instructors list.   :sos:
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

308LIBERTY

Stoneknives and I are also taking applications for an enthusiastic and adventurous SHOOT BOSS to lead us. Must be prepared for anything. Brush Fires, Tornadoes, Wild Animals and more, cause we've experienced all 3 at this range the last few shoots. Think you got what it takes? We promise it will be worth it. Myakka draws some of the most tenacious shooters in the state.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

stoneknives

We promise we'll be good little IIT's. Three'oEight and I will do all the demos. I need to do the Strikes for my PC. So all one of you have to do show up ;D I'll even bring cigars for the SB. 
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

scuzzy

We need to get an SB or at least a Red Hat out there. Any available? This needs to get taken care of ASAP.

A waiver can be given to a Red Hat to run the event:

A  Red Hat in good standing, who has received a one-time waiver from a master or senior instructor or a designated shoot boss, may also run an  official one- or two-day Appleseed event if there is no shoot boss available and the event would otherwise be canceled.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

308LIBERTY

Not quite there yet, Scuzzy, though I have my red-hat PC ready to turn in.   ;D Soon, very soon.

Still, there's the matter of the target line, backers, shoot box, materials, waivers, registration forms etc. so not sure even if we get a red hat, we'll be squared away. And if we end up with 20 shooters with walk-ons (which has happened before), a few more volunteers would be best.

So, come on out Florida, lets get some more volunteers out to Myakka this weekend. (And a shoot boss)

Them seeds of Liberty ain't gonna plant themselves.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

dreamerofdreams

I am taking the liberty of crossposting this to the shoot boss board as I do not see it already there.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

9mm4545

I believe Mr Pete is going to take this one.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

308LIBERTY

Mr Pete

Took a bit of shuffling but it was a fine shoot:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=42627.0

The power of community!  Sly provided the shoot box and necessary logistics, stoneknives and  ThreeO'Eight provided BOTG experience.

Good times.

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies