News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camp Atterbury JMTC, IN 22,23 February 2014 WPA Instructor Appreciation

Started by SPQR, February 23, 2014, 11:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSW

Great shoot.  W. P. A.  Has a new customer no problems through my rifle,  consistent  excellent performance. Thanks so much for your support of Project Appleseed. You made a lifetime memory possible for me. 
The rest of you......thanks for your sacrifices, travel, and time.  I enjoyed meeting some infamous instructors and seeing the techniques work at KD.  The 6 steps and npoa are real tools to be used.
You just can't fake it at 500! 
Thanks for getting it done , Brown!  Huzza!

SPQR

If you can't quote Spaceballs on a gun range what kind of country ate we trying to save?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Barbie

"Range control, this is range 10, over."

"Range 10, this is range control"

"Yeah, Um range control... these flames are gettin' pretty big."
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Hop

I'm pretty much an Appleseed KD junkie.  I started shooting Appleseeds a few years ago & have been to Atterbury for, I think, 7 full days.  I've also done a KD in Evansville.  The two ARs I've used at these shoots (a 20" and a 14.5") are well sorted out and very reliable using all types of ammo.  I've now shot KD events using Wolf ammo in both guns.  Wolf has proved to be as reliable as any other brand I've used.  Zero malfunctions!

I don't have the time, space or equipment to reload.  I have to rely on something that performs right off the shelf.  I also can't blow all my cash on expensive ammo either.  Is it worth using expensive hard to find ammo at an Appleseed KD out to 500 yards?  Sub 2 MOA 500 yard groups and 3 rifleman scores last weekend would say Wolf gets the job done just fine.

I really should scan & post a couple of my witness targets.  I punished that poor V ring on Sunday.  I knew I was amongst some of the best Appleseed shooters around and had better step up my game.  It says something about the shooters around you when you run out of black target patches while working the pits!  Good job fellow Appleseeders!  Good job Wolf!

GoldFish

This. Is. 'Merica.
Who doesn't love a truck full of centerfire ammo with 2 Patriots perched on top, epically looking off into the (known) distance.

Dang I wish I could have been there.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

techres

And a few more pictures not in the previous post or set:

This set can be found here:

Atterbury 2/2014 #2
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

SPQR

That pic of slim ought to be a Vortex add.  That one of Rob is pretty cool too
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

smiledochill

Tech, PLEASE tell me you used your photoshop mad skills to put that muffin top fat stomach on me.  WOW, I have a lot of work to do before spring.

SPQR

Anybody notice that everyone is walking behind S2S? I wonder if it's because they all know how dangerous he is or if it's because he is tall and walks fast.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Barbie

Quote from: SPQR on February 28, 2014, 08:10:32 PM
That pic of slim ought to be a Vortex add.  That one of Rob is pretty cool too

My hairdo in my vortex hoodie is waaay better than slim's mohawk  ;D
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

techres

Some snippits of my weekend:

1.  The first three shots from my AR made a great group 3 MOA low and left.  Adjusted 6 clicks elevation & windage.  Fired one more shot - V ring hit.  That tells me alot about what we teach, and about WPA ammo.

2. Running the balloon drill.  S2S may have long legs, but Barbie can move fast - even while wearing a naval sail:

Atterbury: The Balloon Drill

Work out that vertical stringing NOW!

Slow2Speak

Thanks to WPA for the ammo the stuff performed very well. And to those who had a hand in this shoot and also to those who came to the shoot thank you. Good clean Merican fun is what it was.

Barbie

Quote from: techres on March 01, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

1.  The first three shots from my AR made a great group 3 MOA low and left.  Adjusted 6 clicks elevation & windage.  Fired one more shot - V ring hit.  That tells me alot about what we teach, and about WPA ammo.

2. Running the balloon drill.  S2S may have long legs, but Barbie can move fast - even while wearing a naval sail:

I'm pretty happy with popping 2 out of 3 balloons... was ripping 2 holes in my raingear by diving onto the berm to rifle up worth it?  Absolutely   O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

SPQR

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Slow2Speak

I used to be fast and I think those balloons Heeter put on my backer were from the same place you get those candles that you cant blow out.

techres

Quote from: Slow2Speak on March 01, 2014, 12:42:28 AM
I used to be fast and I think those balloons Heeter put on my backer were from the same place you get those candles that you cant blow out.

Nope, they came from Slim's happy place.

techres

smiledochill

Quote from: techres on March 01, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

Sure, that is what it really looked like, but in my mind it was more like this.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeW6drdOD1M

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Hop

I was working the far left side 3 targets.  About all I remember was how sticky 43 was.  That caused a couple people to come help patch and score those 3 targets with me.