News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rust, Ramseur, and Road Trip

Started by Miller, January 12, 2014, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

So due to a variety of issues I got sidetracked off the trail shortly after last summer's IBC. 
Seemed every time I was either signed up to work a shoot or was about to sign up something went to hell and I ended up spending the weekend elbow deep in an engine, pulling doubles at work, or sitting in waiting rooms waiting to hear from vets or doctors.

Basically the second half of 2013 was a regular ball of suck.

As such I've not gotten the chance to spend a day at the range in longer than I care to admit.
Dry firing at home is a great tool but squeeeeeeeeze *click* is not squeeeeeeeeeeeze *BANG*.

I sorely need to knock off the rust. 

Further I haven't worked a firing line in months and am rusty there too.

And I've never gotten enough time on my Garand to claim to be proficient with it.

So....
God(s) (and bank balance and work schedule) willing I'm signing my rusty, couch softened butt up for the March RBC in Ramseur.  Lord knows I need the trigger time, the center-fire time, and the KD/FD experience.

And a full week with my Appleseed family will be just the tonic my soul needs.

So would anyone care to come with?
It's a bit under 14 hours from here in Davenport to Ramseur and the company would be most welcome.

Fearful but resolute.

Miller

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Work is being a bit whiny about giving me the time off.
Fearful but resolute.

Twineagles

I am not sure that much exposure to Fred will help the Iowa program  >:D >:D
I do hope you can go You are an asset to the program.

Thanks for all you do!
Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Pitspitr

Hey Miller
If you don't get to work it out, we're trying to get a RBC set up in Central Nebraska.

RODGE

An RBC in central Nebraska would be fantastic.  I'm ready for another.  I'll be there!  Only tied up on the last weekend in July this year.  RODGE
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

Pitspitr

It's far from being a done deal but our SC is working on it.

Miller

WOOHOO!

Finally got my time off approved by the boss.
Lots to do.
Checklists to make.
Gear to assemble.
Gear to order.
Plans to finalize.

Somebody warn North Carolina....
Fearful but resolute.

Pain Killer

It will be great to have you! Consider us warned.   ..:..
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison