News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SB relocated to GA

Started by ndrifleman, January 25, 2014, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndrifleman

Hi all,

My name is Jonathan Bartlett and I am a Shoot Boss from North Dakota that recently relocated to Cumming, GA.  I am not able to be regularly involved with Appleseed (I need to be focused on my college studies), but I have run into a number of people that expressed an interest in possibly attending an Appleseed event somewhere in the Forsyth county area and don't want to pass up the opportunity.  Could you get me up to speed as far as what kind of events may have already happened in this area, events being planned, etc?  I may be able to find a private range capable of hosting an Appleseed if there isn't one already. 

Thanks!

Jonathan
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey Jonathan,
Welcome to Georgia. We can use another Atlanta-area SB in Georgia. You might introduce yourself via PM to DrJohn (SI), Freidenmeister (SC), Morpheus (DSB), Goose (RH near you) and they can help you get acquainted with everyone else.

I bet you thought you wouldn't need all those cold weather clothes when you moved from ND to Georgia huh? Surprise!

May Liberty Increase,

Ben "Ramblinwreck" Brandon

Quote from: ndrifleman on January 25, 2014, 12:01:29 PM
Hi all,

My name is Jonathan Bartlett and I am a Shoot Boss from North Dakota that recently relocated to Cumming, GA.  I am not able to be regularly involved with Appleseed (I need to be focused on my college studies), but I have run into a number of people that expressed an interest in possibly attending an Appleseed event somewhere in the Forsyth county area and don't want to pass up the opportunity.  Could you get me up to speed as far as what kind of events may have already happened in this area, events being planned, etc?  I may be able to find a private range capable of hosting an Appleseed if there isn't one already. 

Thanks!

Jonathan
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

SureShotSpartan

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

ndrifleman

Thanks for the welcome.  I got a note from DrJohn already and look forward to bumping into you all at some point.

Jonathan
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

Roswell

Welcome to Georgia!  I enjoyed your YouTube video, btw, it was very well done. I look forward to meeting and working with you sir.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Nickle

Jonathan, you can  work what you can, when you can, and that will help keep your skills up.

Might not be full bore, nor full weekend, but that's OK.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

ndrifleman

Guardian