News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winchester Product Recall Notice - IMPORTANT! .22

Started by Dakota, February 12, 2014, 02:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Winchester Product Recall Notice - IMPORTANT!
<< on: January 31, 2014, 01:59:08 PM >>
PRODUCT WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE - WINCHESTER® 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION

Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22â„¢ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.

Symbol Number: S22LRT
Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L

Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.

http://www.winchester.com/library/news/Pages/s22lrt-recall.aspx
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

TaosGlock

We had a double charge, at least that was the consensus, from another ammo manufacturer, BVAC.  This was at another rifle class I was teaching.
It was a 10/22. All 22's on the line. Blew the mag out the bottom. The top part of the mag was in 3-4 pieces with the rest intact.

Shooter said recoil was noticeably more and we all heard the increased report of the round.

The case was separated and the back third of the case by the rim was bulged out. The front 2/3's of the case had to be pushed out of the chamber with a tight fitting brush.

No damage to shooter or anyone else, but one of the small bits of the mag flew near the shooter at the opposite bench.

Eyes and ears naturally were worn by all. No damage to the rifle.

It will get your attention.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose