News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bucket List for guns

Started by RODGE, January 31, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RODGE

Several years ago I started a 'bucket list' of guns I wanted in my possession.  Yesterday I was able to check off one more from the list.  I acquired a 30-40 Krag by Springfield Armory.  Manufactured in 1894 and a serial number in the 12000's.  She's in good condition.  I will now completely disassemble to clean and lube and do some stock repairs.  Don't want to replace the stock due to a cartouche. Will do before and after photo's and post at a later date.  Next on my list is a 1903A3.  That one will set me back a bunch I suspect.  Any of you guys got a bucket list for guns?  Rodge
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

fisherdawg

Oh yeah!
And the Krag is on it as are all the Standard Service Rifles from Brown Bess forward to AR15/M16/M4. Would like to have some of the issue subguns -- Thompson, Grease gun, MP5 etc., Side arms too Colt Army, M1911.  BAR too as Dad was BAR man USMC 1944 -46. Semi auto versions would be fine.  Fun to think about, more fun to shoot. 
;D
Many years ago I saw a firepower demonstration 'Mad Minute' at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. It was pretty clear that the most significant advance was the introduction of .30 06 in the M1903 then M1. MBR all the way. ;D
fisherdawg (dreaming a dream) ;D
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Rocket Man

Had a few...  checked a few boxes...

Always liked the BHP, since I was a little kid even, got one on my 21st birthday
Always liked the AR-15, got one on my 23rd birthday (finally stopped tinkering with it in 2011...)
M1 Garand, scratched that itch a few years back (still my favorite)
Last year, finally got a Ruger #1 (.45-70)

I guess there's a couple still on the list... Model 29, doable...  BAR, probably not...  however, as I grow older what I really want is the time and ammo to really wring them out.  I could give away the whole safeful to my daughter, save only the Garand and my better .22, and I'd still have enough to keep me busy.

Also, sometimes I look in the safe and think about the poor folks who -- if they were lucky -- had a lone, time-worn Charleville or Long Land Pattern musket available, and enough shot for a few rounds...  Compared to them I am wealthy and comfortable beyond measure. 
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Dougum

I would have to say that the Browning m1919 and the M2 are on the top. Full fun versions of course and possibly a Glock 18 but that's a little lower on the list. Would also love to have Rev. War period rifle or two. I've had somewhat of an obsession with the idea of a "Sniper" Mosin that's custom built from the ground up but that one is a little far fetched due to the limitations of the cartridge.
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off