News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA JAN 18-19 2014

Started by NorCal22Gal, January 21, 2014, 10:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

What a wonderful weekend for a spring Appleseed....

WHAT!!!????  You say it is January????

OK.  What a great weekend for a winter shoot.... Temps both days were near 70 with a slight breeze every so often.

We had 18 folks come out to learn some marksmanship skills and hear the history we had to share with them.  7 of them were youth, our Posterity.

These folks were here to learn and learn they did.  It looked like sponges out there with everyone soaking up the information from the blasting fire hose.  There were a few groups that immediately began closing up as the instruction took hold.

We stopped for lunch and the telling of the three strikes. Wonderful job to Missy and PinBreaker who told the 2nd and 3rd strikes.  I told the first.  (I admit, it's one of my favorites to tell)

After lunch, it was back to the line and more teaching.  We were able to get in one AQT before the dratted winter range hours forced us to stop.   Before we left for the day, I gave PinBreaker his Shoot Boss hat.  He was promoted last month but I was not there to give it to  him.

Tony and Rachel, you were missed on Sunday. Hope to see you guys out again sometime.

Sunday was a repeat weather and people wise of Saturday.  We reviewed Saturday's information and worked on closing up those groups. 

A break for lunch and some more stories, this time about the Dangerous Old Men and Determined, Dangerous Dames, and one Courageous young man (Luther Blanchard).  I ended lunch by reading a letter to Capt. Parker. 

Back to the line, finish up a bit of review and on to the AQT's.  Scores were wonderful.  Toward the end of the day, Dave proved that he knew very well what he was about, posting a very nice 218!  A wonderful Stage 3 score was posted by 12 yr old Kylie...48/50!!!!  WAY TO GO KYLIE!!

There were a few others with scores that are knocking on the door.  Keep practicing and we hope to see you at another Appleseed soon.

I would like to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to Darryl (3Huzzahs) who changed his hat color.  He is now a Red Hat!!!!   ^:)^

Thank you to all who came out and showed that true riflemen are not found in a patch but in the heart and mind...and they persist, adapt and overcome...

Thank you also to my instructors, I couldn't do this with out your help. ..:..

See ya next time.

Laurie

nukechaser

It was nice swinging by to play "fly on the wall" for a little bit and say hi.

Here's a quick fly-by video that I shot while "inches-minutes-clicks" was being taught.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je3h_9EhNOA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-Nukechaser
Dude, have you ever even read the Constitution? Yeah, didn't think so... Read it and you'll see why I'm pissed off!

Neve

Another fantastic Appleseed! Congratulations to out newest Rifleman, Dave for perservering and demonstrating that he knows very well what he is about! To everyone who was there; thank you so much for making this event what it was to keep out heritage and the spirit of Liberty alive. Nukechaser, it was great to see you again and I hope you are able to make it out again really soon! A huge congratulations to our newest Shoot Boss and Red Hat, Pinbreakee and 3Huzzahs respectively! You guys are assets to the program and it's an honor working with all of you out there. Until next time!
Mike

Ducky

Could a sunny and warm January Appleseed be any more wonderful? Why, yes!! Just add some wonderful attendees--families with awesome & smart kids, some young men wanting to improve their marksmanship & see what we know about history, couples needing a new experience together, and a fine instructor corps whose company I always enjoy...now, that's what I call a perfect weekend!

Thanks to all of you, from the bottom of my heart, for spending the weekend with us. I was happy to see how well the kids took to our lessons and guidance--they worked with what we taught them, kept everyone safe, and did really well! Way to go, guys and gals!  I saw awesome form--shooters who were building their foundations and seeing their shot groups improve because of it, putting all the details together, getting into those Rifleman's bubbles... Look at the pictures--you'll see what I mean!!  :~ 

Last but not least--to our newest Rifleman Dave--a huge congratulations to you!! You did incredible work, and we hope to see you and your family back out here again soon.

Actually, that last part goes for the rest of you, too--we look forward to seeing you again really soon--tell your friends and family about your time at Appleseed, and we'll make room for them on the line next time!  :cool2:

Thanks again!!  Ducky/Linda

Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

Vinnie

:pop:   Lot's of photos here (AND VIDEO!), so page will need a minute to load...

Melissa

Thanks to everyone for another wonderful weekend! Dave, congratulations for becoming a true Rifleman, in spirit and on target. Katie, sweet shooting!  O0 Also congrats on the well-earned red hat, Darryl... truly worth Three Huzzahs. Awesome pics & flyover video, too!

See you all next month.

Melissa

NorCal22Gal

Nice pictures Ducky!!!  Thanks for posting them.

Per·Fo·Rate

This was the first Appleseed that we have attended and really did not know what to expect. I was truly surprised at how engaging it was with both the historical story telling and the hands on training. As for line safety at no point did I ever feel uneasy or fell it was unsafe having my kids or any of the other kids that attended on the line. You guys run a great event with just about every minute being a learning experience.
I know both my nephews and brother really had a blast as well as my daughter. She keeps asking when the next one is. She had a great time and was really starting to get the hang of it on Sunday. As for me I enjoyed the positive encouragement and all the tips and techniques that were being given out.
We will be back.

Thank you!!
Dave

NorCal22Gal

Hi Dave,

We look forward to seeing you and Amber and the rest of your family.

Ducky

Dave, thanks for that wonderful post! It was a pleasure having you and Amber, and Mike, Dylan and Austin there. We always enjoy the opportunity to work with awesome families like yours, and look forward to the next time we see you out there!
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand