News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

rigging slings

Started by jmdavis, December 06, 2013, 01:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Good video on rigging leather slings. I you learn this method you will never be confused about rigging a sling again and you will be able to teach it to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80JyfZ4gBQ
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

hawkeye

Great block of instruction on 1907 sling use. That looked like the 200 yard line at Camp Butner and there's no doubt the he is a Marine looking at his method of instruction.   He really got excited at the end. Great class!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

Hawkeye,

Good eye!  ;D

It is Butner. The Remington Team does a high power class there every Spring. Usually the CMP Games end on a Tuesday, the Clinic is on Wednesday morning (followed by a team match), and then the Creedmoor Cup begins on thursday.

I took a three day dryfire only class with them at Camp Perry and I was impressed.

Ken does get excited at times.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

TaosGlock

Dupe.
But I could find it on our forum. :slap:
Thanks for posting that.

Talk about TPI!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

jmdavis

I originally posted all of these videos as examples of both the practical skills being discussed and TPI. But in the past year there are many new Appleseeders who have not seen these and should.

Mike

edited to add:

The original postings are probably in an offhand topic somewhere.

hawkeye

Those videos would make a great sticky, so they don't get lost again.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

I will get them all together in a post and then get Alan Fisher (the SC) to make it a Sticky (unless someone else wants to).

Are you shooting KWSS? I am thinking about a Ramseur trip to do it.

hawkeye

Yes I am.We would love to have you come down for the KWSS. We are going to do other positions besides just prone to test your skills.