News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Naughty rifles in MD

Started by jmdavis, January 14, 2014, 11:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Something to be aware of if you shoot in MD.

I just found the following on the State Police site. I guess that the goal is to kill MD competition at least for anyone who didn't begin and own the rifle prior to Oct 1, 2013.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision/MainLicensingPage/FAQ.aspx

Q. Can we travel to other states for competitions and return with our already owned banned firearms? Can someone come from another state, for competition in Maryland, with a banned rifle?
A: A Maryland resident who lawfully owned the firearm prior to October 1, 2013 may travel with the firearm to other states and return so long as it is not a violation in the state you are traveling to and the firearm is being transported in accordance with the law. A person may not transport an assault weapon into Maryland for target competition unless the person lawfully possesses, has a purchase order for, or applied to purchase the weapon before October 1, 2013. Federal law allows a person to transport a firearm through Maryland but not to Maryland if the firearm is not in compliance with state law.

Often there is an exception for competition, but not in this steaming pile. 
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner