News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GREAT AMERICAN OUTDOOR SHOW - Feb 1-9

Started by Castle Mountain, January 07, 2014, 02:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

I see that Appleseed does not have a show booth at this great NRA SPONSORED event being held at Harrisburg PA.

How come?

Marketing workshop we used to run when I was a manager with my local chamber of commerce (Board of Trade) I frequently listened to a guest speakers
teaching on effective marketing. Many different means were discussed and ways to marketing and that Marketing must, must always be the mindset.
"Market, market, market to everyone in the company, the corporation and community even to the bookkeeper." Everyone you meet.

"Why would you want to spend my time and money marketing to a non-decision maker such as a gun store employee or shoe salesman or nurse or bow hunter?"

"Because you don't know who the person is, who they are married to, or who they are related to."  That person could be the son or daughter of the owner or maybe even
the owner of the company or just a down right person of influence.  Slim proved that during the St. Louis NRA Convention in spades. End result was a relationship with Marlin.

What a powerful thought! Even someone you may consider insignificant may have connections or be very influential. Marketing to someone as seemingly inconsequential as a bookkeeper or mail person could potentially open up doors to much greater opportunities. These kinds of connections should not be taken lightly or you may miss out on a lot of sales. Every instructor for that matter can choose to promote the program as they go about doing life.

However, I digress. Should the RWVA have missed this grand  Marketing promotion opportunity?   It is after all a larger event  than a Deer Classic event and it is NRA driven.
If we have a  relationship with the NRA should we not make our presence known to maintain it? Just some meandering thoughts for the start of 2014. This event would have helped PA and run piggy back to the next NRA Convention in Indiana.

http://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Having been a long time fan of Zig Ziglar I leave you with his inspirational quotes

"Every choice you make has an end result

People don't buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons!

"Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust."

"For every sale you miss because you're too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you're not enthusiastic enough."

"If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner."

"If you want to reach a goal, you must 'see the reaching' in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.

"If you wait until all the lights are "green" before you leave home, you'll never get started on your trip to the top."

Best regards,

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Charles McKinley

Hi CM

The state and regional coordinator Chainsaw sent out a PM to see if people wanted to to it over a year ago to limited response

I sent out a PM to the people that appeared to be involved with the NRA convention about 6 months ago and got no response.  The NRA convention crew is very tight and does not share much information as I have found out in the past couple of years so I have stopped asking.

Then again the powers that be cannot even give us a new hand out so people remember our website 30 seconds after we are done talking to them!

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery