News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Level 1 Coaches School Jan, 11-12, 2014

Started by OutaAmmo, January 13, 2014, 05:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutaAmmo

The Nailer, RBKL, and I completed the NRA Level 1 air rifle/small bore coaches school this weekend at the Central Illinois Precision Shooters building in Bloomington, IL.   Whowwww....what a great bunch of info to add to my toobox of knowledge.  Taught by Olympic training coach Joe Miller of Bloomington, IL.  and his assistant Wayne Maker from Davenport, IL.  These two fine coaches passed along a ton of info from taking a person from a beginner to an Olympic shooter.  We spent almost all day Sunday just getting into firing positions and why you do this or that.  Not only can we pass this info on it should also help us in improving our AQT scores.  I was told there will be another class in August and would recommend it to anyone in Appleseed.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Illinois-Precision-Shooters-CIPS/140361369356486

OutaAmmo

2 clicks low

Would love to make the August Class.
Do you have the date and details?

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

OutaAmmo

Quote from: 2 clicks low on January 14, 2014, 12:39:37 AM
Would love to make the August Class.
Do you have the date and details?

2cl

Checked with Coach Miller this AM and the date has not been set.  He usually sets the date two weeks before the local schools start back to school.  As I am now on the board at the CIPS I will know when the date get set and will post on the Forum.  Cost of the NRA Level 1 air rifle/smallbore coaches school was only $125 for two days of instruction.  Cheap for what I learned and cheap compared to most NRA classes.  I suspect the Fall class would be about the same price. 

OutaAmmo