News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Payson Appleseed July 5-6

Started by MOGromit, June 23, 2008, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOGromit

Howdy,

It looks like the July 5-6 Appleseed in Payson is now on the official schedule.  We don't have a Shoot Boss lined up yet.  I'm listed as attending as an IIT though I'm actually past that stage now.

Who else is planning on attending?

Gromit

AZRedhawk44

I'm there as IIT.  Been stumping at Sportsman's Warehouse off I-17 & Union Hills and various forums.  Over 250 people have read the threads related to the Payson AS as a result so far, so I should hope there's a few sign ups there.

AZRedhawk44

I'm headed up to Payson this weekend (Saturday) to finalize all arrangements with the range and to do a little promoting.  Anyone want to join me?  There's an opportunity to ruin a few of my pristine RedCoat and AQT targets along the way.

Send PM if interested.

AZRedhawk44

Wayne joined me and we shot some 1" squares, redcoats and a couple of AQT's.

I had a new AR that needed shootin', so we sent about 150 rounds through it as well as through his disgustingly accurate CZ bot-action rimfire with set triggers and scope.  Cheater.  ;D

I think my gas block/front sight is canted slightly to the left... it isn't quite straight up in a 12:00 position, more like 11:52 or so.  What is the correct way to rectify this?  Also, where's the best place to get a tool to adjust the front sight elevation?

I had to fiddle way to much with my rear sights, moving the rear awfully far to the left, to get sighted in.  I also had to raise my elevation using the rear dial rather than correcting for a 300 yard battle sight zero by adjusting the front sight to the correct height.

But, regarding the shoot:  Postponed until Constitution Day, weekend of September 19-20.

SavageShootr

It is always a good thing to go out to the range and get some attention.

Keep up the good work out there in Az. I am already going to be out at Piru, but I hope to make it out there for an AS sometime.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Wayne Conrad

That was a fun day out.  Better than writing code.  First time shooting since Tonopah.  Summer zero, four clicks up.  I forgot my elbow and knee pads.  Owie.  Very nice range, friendly people.  The whole town is full of friendly people.  KC let me shoot his Mattel gun.  It shoulders and shoots well.  He didn't like the trigger.  I thought it was just fine, at least for a dozen rounds.  I've had triggers I hated that other people liked, too.  Funny how that works.

MOGromit

Hey Redhawk,

Just to confirm, since the schedules (internal and external) are showing different things.  There is no Appleseed this coming weekend (July 5 & 6) in Payson?

Thanks,
Gromit

Scout

Hey Guys, we moved the upcomming July 4th Appleseed Shoot to September. There were several reasons for this, but the end result will be a much better attended shoot.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause and I want to thank the AZ Crew for all the work they have been doing to get this shoot and the rest that are getting set up for the coming year. AZRedHawk has done a greta job along with AZGrommet and Rumpshot and everyone else. Thanks Guys!

The Payson Range is going to work with us and go all out in September in getting a full group of shooters. I am really excited about this since the range says they have 700 members and they are set up to do a statewide Promotion for it.

If they have the pull they say they have we are going to blow out Arizona in a big way. I will be working with you AZ guys on the shoot so anything you need just PM, email or call me. If you need my number just PM me. Thanks
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)