News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois First Indoor Appleseed Feb 15-16, 2014 in Bloomington, IL

Started by OutaAmmo, December 23, 2013, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutaAmmo

Want to make Appleseed history in Illinois?  Sign up for the first Illinois indoor Appleseed.  The Central Illinois Precision Shooting (CIPS) Indoor Rifle Range will be the hosting the first indoor Appleseed in Illinois.  This is a brand new building just west of Bloomington, IL.  Limited to 16 shooters.  We will run 2 groups of 8 shooters each, one shooting and one in the classroom.  Lunches will be available.  See details at

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=522&id_event=2350

Check out the pics of the CIPS building on the Central Illinois Precision Shooters Facebook page.  Did I mention that floors are the heated so you will be doing prone on your own heated shooting mat.  Just don't fall asleep.

grunt soldier

This has the potential to be really beneficial. Especially in the winter when most people don't want to be outside in the snow and cold. Very cool.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

OutaAmmo

Quote from: grunt soldier on December 23, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
This has the potential to be really beneficial. Especially in the winter when most people don't want to be outside in the snow and cold. Very cool.

This is a very important Appleseed and the line needs to be filled 100% for us to continue having indoor Appleseeds at the CIPS building.  If you are not from Illinois, Illinois just passed the right for us to conceal carry handguns.  You don't have any idea how few gun clubs there are in Illinois and 400,000 people wanting to take there 16 hour CCW class.   Almost all gun clubs and ranges are booked up forever with CCW classes.  We are lucky the good people from CIPS are giving us the chance to put on an Appleseed Event in there new building.  If all goes well we may have another one in March.

Grunt soldier, why not come over and help us instruct that weekend?  An easy drive over.

OutaAmmo

Mutti

I would like to point out that OutaAmmo has been instrumental in this process. As a SC, I may have the paperwork - but it is the Instructor Corp who really has made these last few months easier on me down south.  I am truly humbled and hope to be able to assist in keeping our Program going.

Thank you all and hope to work with you soon.

(P.S. sign up already people  **) )
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

olefido

AFIK, I would probably be available for that shoot. I will work if you need it and shoot if you need it.

Olefido
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

grunt soldier

Quote from: OutaAmmo on December 23, 2013, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: grunt soldier on December 23, 2013, 12:44:33 PM

This is a very important Appleseed and the line needs to be filled 100% for us to continue having indoor Appleseeds at the CIPS building.  If you are not from Illinois, Illinois just passed the right for us to conceal carry handguns.  You don't have any idea how few gun clubs there are in Illinois and 400,000 people wanting to take there 16 hour CCW class.   Almost all gun clubs and ranges are booked up forever with CCW classes.  We are lucky the good people from CIPS are giving us the chance to put on an Appleseed Event in there new building.  If all goes well we may have another one in March.

Grunt soldier, why not come over and help us instruct that weekend?  An easy drive over.

OutaAmmo

I may just do that.  it all depends on what days off are approved for me this year.  I know very well about IL ccw issues.  I have several friends in Northern Indiana working on getting their certifications now to teach the classes.  If I'm able to get the days off I will definitely head over! 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Mutti

We currently have spots open - need more Students. Please help disseminate information. Fully Staffed.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

OutaAmmo

Only nine spots left.  Be part of Appleseed Illinois history.  Did I mention there are no bugs to crawl on you, no mud, and the floor is heated.  Sign up today.

OutaAmmo

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

OutaAmmo

Quote from: R_Squared on January 20, 2014, 08:52:29 PM
Any suggestions for nearby lodging?

There are probably 8 other places to stay all located 15 minutes from the CIPS Range all located at Rt 9 and Rt 74.  Just as many places to eat too.

OutaAmmo

If you are thinking about coming to the indoor Feb 15-16 Appleseed in the New Central Illinois Precision Shooters building but are having a hard time locating .22 ammo, I have some .22LR. available.  PM me.

OutaAmmo

Mutti

Sold Out.

Nearest Project Appleseed will be held Wright City, MO : Bench Rest Feb 22-23 (No range Fees)

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=434&id_event=2541

Please promote and thank you - Mutti
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

OutaAmmo

Quote from: Mutti on January 30, 2014, 09:46:13 AM
Sold Out.

Sold out two week ahead of the Appleseed Event.  That tells me that a lot of people want to learn Marksmanship and American History but don't want deal with laying in the mud, snow, rain, hot sun, getting sunburned, fighting bugs, and cold weather.

News Flash........The Central Illinois Precision Shooters Club (CIPS) and Coach Joe Miller decided that they would cover lunch for this event.  Leave your lunch money at home.  On second thought bring your lunch money and purchase a raffle ticket for a Browning shotgun with all proceeds going to promote youth Marksmanship at the CIPS building.

Coach Miller also said that if this Appleseed Event goes well we could have another Appleseed Event in March and use all 16 lanes which with running 2 Appleseeds we could have 32 shooters.  He also said that if all goes well he didn't see any reason why we couldn't have an Appleseed Event each month from November through March.

OutaAmmo

grunt soldier

that is awesome.  sounds like a great range for you guys!  I knew the indoor thing could be huge in the winter months. 

Mutti

Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

John Boch

The Hawthorn hotel is the nicest one on the west side.

If you tell them you're with GSL Defense Training (feel free to mention "John Boch" to Linda, Bobby or the manager Quentin), you can get in on the $70 rate.

Congrats on filling the shoot.

Hope the advertisement in GunNews helped.

John

Mutti

Templar - A mother daughter signed up and I believe it was from the Ad. They mentioned an AD , now I know where it came from  ::).  Sure appreciate it
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)