News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New to Appleseed...how can I help in the KC area?

Started by 5Stones, December 10, 2013, 11:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5Stones

New to the Appleseed organization.  2 new shooters at home (ages 14 and 11).  Been blessed with the financial means to assist organizing a group in the greater KC area.  Where do I start?

Thanks!

Tu ne cede malis

Unbridled Liberty

Howdy there, neighbor to the west!  You are welcome to help us here in Kentucky anytime!  I believe that Connibear is your state coordinator.  Send him a PM and you should be off and running.  Welcome aboard!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Pain Killer

In regards to being blessed with means, you could buy some land and according to the laws in your area, you could set up a range as a dedicated Appleseed range. Also, if you are a member of any clubs, organizations, religious groups, etc., you could host a Libertyseed event in which Instructors from the RWVA come out to tell the 3 Strikes. Just some thoughts to consider.

Thanks for the inquiry,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Pain Killer on December 11, 2013, 09:11:59 AM
In regards to being blessed with means, you could buy some land and according to the laws in your area, you could set up a range as a dedicated Appleseed range. Also, if you are a member of any clubs, organizations, religious groups, etc., you could host a Libertyseed event in which Instructors from the RWVA come out to tell the 3 Strikes. Just some thoughts to consider.

Thanks for the inquiry,
PK

I like the way you think PK.  I've been thinking lately of coming right out and mentioning during my benediction that RWVA would love to have some land donated for creation of a DAR.  Something like that here in central Kentucky would be a God send, as there is no practical place to shoot anywhere around here.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mutti

Welcome 5Stones - Our daughter is moving to the Shawnee area really soon, so I hope to be over as she begins on the journey to Rifleman. Maybe we will meet at a shoot this year.

Mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

connibear

5stones, i did get your email i have been very busy and then bad under the weather. I will do my best to get u an email out some time tomorrow. Thanks for your interest in helping out.                       Ben
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

colonial shooter

What is the status on this? Have we been in contact with 5stones recently?
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

connibear

We have talked but nothing has come about. He wants to help and would like to attend a shoot in the KC area. We have talked via email and facebook.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.