News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman Shooters? 22LR Ammo Around Chicago?

Started by Relax, December 02, 2013, 07:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relax

Is this one going to get off the ground?  Sign up looks scarce.

I might be able to make it to Waterman this weekend, but I cannot scare up any 22LR ammo.  I went to a bunch of stores up north today, and all they did was shake their heads no.

Boston

Not sure about the weekend. I havd been having luck at my local Walmart and Gander mountain on Fridays when they get ammo. Best advice is to get a number to call and find out when they get shipments. It can be had, big you need to be persistent.

Bought some this week in Iowa where the local Walmart had over 30 100 round CCI hp boxes. Bought my three box limit twice but gave away what I didn't shoot with the family.

Have some I could sell at cost if you need done for this weekend.

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Boston

32clickshigh

Walmart in Plainfield gets deliveries in on Friday / Saturday evening between 7-9pm. Ammo is always in one of those deliveries and they almost always have 2-3 cases of federal automatch (and no line of people waiting for it). Heck, had you posted a few days prior I would have sold you 2 boxes at cost :(

32clickshigh

Relax, whereabouts (county or general area) are you located. I might be able to provide you a bulk pack of .22lr at cost ($20).... Obviously, it should go without saying that I would expect to see a FOID card.

Relax

Thanks for the tips and help guys.  I cannot make it this weekend.  The positive outlook is now I have until March to find enough ammo.

Laredo

Hey there Boston.  Sorry for the late reply.  I didn't notice your question.

I was just in there the other day and they have Thunderbolt and Federal bulk packs.  Sorry but didn't notice details of the Federal... just that it was the blue box.

They have tons and tons (literally) of 223, 556, 9 also.  They are about a buck higher than WallyWorld... but its there!  So, if your in a pinch...

Seems as if things (ammo) are starting to settle down.  I see my local Wallyworlds with 22 on a regular basis. 

stay warm...
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen