News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congrats to Oklahoma's new Instructor and new Shoot Boss, and welcome to new IIT

Started by henschman, November 20, 2013, 12:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

Though it wasn't a particularly large event, with 11 shooters on the line, the Nov. 9-10 Appleseed at Afton, OK certainly was a productive one for the Oklahoma instructor corps. 

In an impressive marathon performance, SKSmarksman earned his red hat by teaching nearly the entire event's instruction from cover to cover.

In taking his SB PC, TomCat kept the event moving, kept the instructors on task, tailored the COF and drills to the needs of the students, taught a nice KD lesson, and took care of all those administrative SLJ's that are the province of the Appleseed Shoot Boss.  In so doing, he earned his green hat.  We will be fortunate indeed if all of our future events are ran as smoothly and capably as Tom did this one. 

TomCat also had the privilege of awarding his old lady Carla (who I don't believe has a screen name just yet) her Rifleman's patch, which she earned with the healthy score of 224.  This was Carla's third Appleseed -- she was nipping at the heels of that patch at both of her previous events, so this was really no surprise.  As a trustworthy steward of our nation's heritage, she volunteered to take the Orange and join our merry little band of misfits.

Also worthy of mention is Surveyor1653, who took his IIT2 PC, yet taught everything necessary for IIT3 as well -- including the best first-time teaching of IMC that I have ever witnessed.  Also not really a surprise... he is an instructor for other shooting events, and his name is a bit of a hint as to his familiarity with angles and such.

As for your trusty State Coordinator, I had a lazy time of it with all these high level PCs getting done, and got to sit back a bit and enjoy the spectacle of Riflemen being made and heritage being passed on.

Oklahoma Appleseed is back on the move.  2014 is full of promise, thanks to the outstanding crew we have.  I count myself fortunate to know every one of you.

Congratulations SKSmarksman and TomCat, and welcome Carla.  See you all on the firing line soon!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Surveyor1653

Many deserved congratulations to SKSMarksman, TomCat, and Carla.  Man, what a big weekend.  A SB, A Red Hat, and a Rifleman. 

Thanks, Henschman, for the kind words.  I love what I'm doing and am proud to be a part of this program.  I'm even more proud to work with such a great group of peers who are so willing to help someone learn.  I HAVE turned an angle or two over the years!  O0

Congrats again, gang.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

SureShotSpartan

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

SKSRifleman

Well thank you all! Glad to be officially on board with a great group of instructors. I've learned a lot from these guys in the past year and 1/2, they truly know their stuff. I'm looking forward to what 2014 has in store for us in Oklahoma. A couple of new locations in our state are in the works right now. Hoping to get a couple events lined up for my home range in the Broken Arrow area. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper