News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur NC, Appleseed Pistol Clinic AAR - Dec 7, 2013

Started by Maximum Ordinate, December 09, 2013, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Instructors and shooters gathered in at the Home Range in Ramseur, NC on the morning of Saturday, December 7th a public Appleseed Pistol Clinic!  We had instructors Hawkeye, Thaifighter, Fox4, and Rusty. 

We met at the 25m range with some shaky weather - low 40s, misting & spitting, and a little wind.  Our two shooters braved the elements met to learn the quintessential American skill of precision marksmanship and hear the story of Liberty. 

After registration and the welcome, Fox4 shared the First Strike with us, telling about the massacre on Lexington Green.  Our line boss Hawkeye introduced himself and the line commands... then we listened to the story of Captain Daniel Morgan. 

A small group of shooters enabled the instrutors to provide lots of personal attention to our shooters.  The participants arrived with teachable attitudes and it was a pleasure to watch them build good habits.  After lots of instruction provided by Thaifighter and Hawkeye, we took a break for lunch.  Rusty shared the Second Strike - the onward march to Concord and the battle at the North Bridge where superior marksmanship turned the tide toward the Colonists.  After lunch we did some more drills.

Next, we went to the 400m range to shoot some steel.  There is something very satisfyingto hear the ring of steel when shooters demonstrate their new skills.  I think some shooters suprised themselves with how much improvement they made!  A couple of instructors shared their pistols with shooters so they could get a bit of experience using other firearms.

We closed the day with Thaifighter's telling the Third Strike - how the Colonists took the fight to the Regulars and chased them back to Boston!

This was a one-day event and it ended way too quickly.  Our shooters were enthusiastic and talked about coming back for a two-day rifle clinic.  We love safe and excited shooters - hope to see you back soon.   

I'm really pleased with how all the shooters improved.  I'm sure I speak for all of the instructors when I say thank you for the privlege of serving you this weekend.   :)

in Liberty,
Rusty

P.S.  Please feel free to add your comments and pictures!!!  I'll add some pictures below.  If you want any of the full-sized versions of them, please send me a message.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.